Social Groups (XenForo 2.x.x)

Social Groups (XenForo 2.x.x) [Paid] 3.6.1

No permission to buy ($50.00)
Hello, i'm interested.
Is it possible, by permissions, to prevent users to join multiple groups ?
I would like user can join only one group.

Thanks.

Hello,
It would be really great news if you had planned to integrate this functionality.
As it is, this greatly limits the possibilities of group management. For example, it is not possible to create groups by age group, religion, geographical location or even by gender, knowing that we cannot be in 2 groups simultaneously in these cases.

I hope you will take this remark into account, my paypal is boiling hot !! 😂

Hello,
It would be really great news if you had planned to integrate this functionality.
As it is, this greatly limits the possibilities of group management. For example, it is not possible to create groups by age group, religion, geographical location or even by gender, knowing that we cannot be in 2 groups simultaneously in these cases.

I hope you will take this remark into account, my paypal is boiling hot !! 😂
As i remember that add-on has permission to limit number of groups which you can join.

Thanks @truonglv for my account !

Well, do you plan to add this permission in your future update ?
I just need this to buy it.

And I am sure that it will be an additional feature much appreciated by owners of this add-on as well as by future buyers. :D

Many thanks.

@truonglv a few things to fix, please...

On small screens, where an apostrophe is used in the group title, it displays with symbols:
1631619509912.webp

Also, can you limit the number of characters allowed for titles to avoid cropping like this:
1631619630909.webp

When enabling moderation in search results, selecting a post creates an error:
1631619710895.webp

And with the latest version, it would be good for members to have the option to receive email alerts or not. In some cases, they receive hundreds of alerts a day!

@truonglv hello !
Can you tell me if you have planned to add the permission that allows users to subscribe to only one group?
All I need is this to take the plunge.
Please give me an info on this.

a lot of unnecessary alerts
When alerts are activated..

I get alerts from all topics that are not my topics
Is it possible to arrange alerts more ?

I want to only receive alerts when members reply to my topics only

Last edited:
truonglv updated [tl] Social Groups with a new update entry:

Notable changes:
  • Added new permission to limit number of groups which user can join
  • Added limit attendees to event
  • Fixed cover break on iPad
  • Fixed bb-code guide missing phrases
  • Fixed button join group still show even user already joined
  • Fixed lift ban member does not show
  • Improvement flow to edit posts
  • Fix api issues.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Trounglv, I have searched but I didn't found this function.
Would be useful the possibility to use the same threads created in some group to be posted also in the relative section of the forum.
For example if I have a forum about the cars and a group named "70s Cars" will be really useful that the threads created in this group (if setted in this way) is shown also in the relative node of the forum, to remain available in both sections/nodes.
To avoid this I have moved before a thread from the original node to the internal forum/node of the group and then I have moved again the thread in the relative section of the forum where was before, selecting "Leave a permanent redirect" and in this way I have the thread in both places.
So it will be good to select in wich node of the forum the new threads created in a group can be shown additionally.

Hi Trounglv, I have searched but I didn't found this function.
Would be useful the possibility to use the same threads created in some group to be posted also in the relative section of the forum.
For example if I have a forum about the cars and a group named "70s Cars" will be really useful that the threads created in this group (if setted in this way) is shown also in the relative node of the forum, to remain available in both sections/nodes.
To avoid this I have moved before a thread from the original node to the internal forum/node of the group and then I have moved again the thread in the relative section of the forum where was before, selecting "Leave a permanent redirect" and in this way I have the thread in both places.
So it will be good to select in wich node of the forum the new threads created in a group can be shown additionally.
By default XF behavior a thread cannot display in multiple forums so you may have custom add-on to archive that.

P/s: I have an add-on which called Thread Symbiotics which may help.

This looks like something I'd be interested in; a couple of questions first:

The image that sits above a group in the directory page, can that be adjusted to be made bigger - both width and height?
The banner when inside a group that sits at the top, can that size be changed, this time only height?
Is it necessary to create categories and have that category menu on the left (can it be removed)?
Do the group forums appear in the main forum listing or are they local to the group?
Can the groups have 'by invitation only', 'registered members only' and 'request membership' options?

Many thanks for taking the time to answer :)

The image that sits above a group in the directory page, can that be adjusted to be made bigger - both width and height?
No.
The banner when inside a group that sits at the top, can that size be changed, this time only height?
That right.
Is it necessary to create categories and have that category menu on the left (can it be removed)?
A group required to associate with a category. The category block can be hidden to users.
Do the group forums appear in the main forum listing or are they local to the group?
It's depends your setup.
Can the groups have 'by invitation only', 'registered members only' and 'request membership' options?
It's doable.

By default XF behavior a thread cannot display in multiple forums so you may have custom add-on to archive that.

P/s: I have an add-on which called Thread Symbiotics which may help.
In reality I have asked this because is a good and useful feature the plugin can have, that seeing that groups use the own forum nodes, was useful to use the contents generated from some group, also in the relative node of the forum with that specific argument. That in reality was also the reason why I have bought this plugin, thinking that using the same structure of the forum it was possible to make this.

I have seen the addon you propose me (also if I think that is a nice feature that can be added to the addon :) ) and so I wanted know if, the tab to select the additional forum where a thread must be posted

1634664171628.png

is present in each node?

Last edited:
Also I let you know I have noted that when a member receive a mail from the plugin, the title of the email is shown in this way:
Code:
New post was created in the group {title}
without the name of the group.

Then is possible to show the normal postbit menu in the answering posts in the main page of the groups here?

Screenshot 2021-10-20 at 13-05-24 SEF Bar.webp

because users use smiles and also often load images and in this way is not possible to add these things. The only way is to write, send and then you have to click on modify post, to see the postbit menu to add what is there to add, (smiles, images, ecc)

Last edited:
Also I let you know that for the open groups, also selecting (in the privacy setting) to show the contents on the stream also, nothing is posted in it when new contents are generated.

Top Bottom