Social Groups (XenForo 2.x.x)

Social Groups (XenForo 2.x.x) [Paid] 3.6.1

No permission to buy ($50.00)
This add-on appears to cause N+1 queries when XF\Repository\Node::getNodeList() calls filterViewable. You should be extending XF\Entity\Forum::getListedWith() to add the extra relationship
I can confirm that this seems to be causing bad interactions particularly in conjunction with other addons, after Xon helped investigate a problem I was having with an inflated query count. Looking forward to an update.

Reactions: Xon
Hi there :) I am very excited to use this addon. However I can't seem to create events for groups. Always get this error:

There doesn't appear to be any errors in the logs.
Oops! We ran into some problems.
Requested group could not be found.
@truonglv
I have this same problem when trying to create events. I saw you asked Kyros about "friendly URLs"; I have the "Use full friendly URLs" option disabled myself.

I've also found that people have the ability to attach files in social group News Feed sections, regardless of whether that person has permission to post attachments. I've ended up working around this using template modifications to remove that option from a couple of templates.

This add-on appears to cause N+1 queries when XF\Repository\Node::getNodeList() calls filterViewable. You should be extending XF\Entity\Forum::getListedWith() to add the extra relationship
It's fixed. Thank you for reporting.

Last edited:
Please allow group leaders to assign custom names to their members for their involvement or whatever in the group. The names do not grant them any special permission.

So Member role will be any title that the leader or admin can set to the member.
Staff role is the role that has certain permissions if they are set to a staff rank.
2020-02-02-15-10-13-bxDWu.webp

Last edited:
Please fix the following severe issues:
Import/Upgrade resulting in loss of entire forums. Reported September 2019:
Data Leaking and GDPR offenses reported February & April 2019:

Last edited:
Please fix the following severe issues:
Import/Upgrade resulting in loss of entire forums. Reported September 2019:
Data Leaking and GDPR offenses reported February & April 2019:
Would like this to be looked into as well. There's a lot of issues that it feels like are being skipped over. :(

@Alfa1 I have try to working with you to address the issue data loss. But did not receive any feedback from you. Also the importer has been updates. Have you try with latest version?

After repeated requests for help you sent me a new version in September 2019. The version number of the package was the same as the version I had installed (2.1.2), but it was a different package. I assume that this was a version between 2.1.2 and 2.1.3 and that the importer changes were released in 2.1.3. Your release notes do not list any changes to the importer/update process after 2.1.3. There were 2 official releases under version number 2.1.3. The first included the change to the importer. (October 2019)

Have there been any new importer changes that have not been listed in your release notes?
If yes, does this include a fix for the issue or is this a guess that it may be fixed now?

I tried the new version, and all it did was hide the numbers of members so I could no longer compare numbers. You asked me to check the database, but I could not understand your request completely. There was probably a language barrier at play.
I have asked you for clarification and if you have tested the fix yourself. But you did not answer these questions. You did ask me if I was skilled in mysql queries, to which I replied not very much. That was our last contact in October 2019.

Please answer this question:
So did you test the fix yourself?

As you can read above I am not the only one with data loss after upgrade to groups for xf 2
Lost all my data going to 2.x getting help was like pulling teeth.
I think its important to fix.

Last edited:
Looks like updates are a lot more frequent recently, I appreciate it 😊 keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Top Bottom