Social Groups (XenForo 2.x.x)

Social Groups (XenForo 2.x.x) [Paid] 3.6.1

No permission to buy ($50.00)
that is where we are planning to end up @ xen2.1....but i need to see how to import all of the data first.....some things i can see, need to be imported at lower versions and/or to other addons first.......so, of course we need to know beforehand this info...

thank you for the quick reply :)
There no need bridge for that. I think direct from vb to this add-on is fine.

just to be sure we are clear....you mean this add-on has import option/tool?
we have several existing groups and topics we need to be sure to retain...

i do not see the option in any of your screenshots....also, on your first post it says "upcoming" regarding import support...we wanted to be fully sure before actually purchasing.....thank you

Has anyone succeeded in importing the data from 1.5 to 2.* on a local XAMPP-install?

If I try here: /admin.php?import/config

It fails because the last two fields cause problems:

data_directory : I use: C:\xampp\htdocs\xxx\data
internal_data_directory: C:\xampp\htdocs\xxx\internal_data

Oops! We ran into some problems.
The directory C:\xampp\htdocs\xxx\data does not contain the expected contents.

So the add-on runs but the groups and all messages are missing...

Has anyone succeeded in importing the data from 1.5 to 2.* on a local XAMPP-install?

If I try here: /admin.php?import/config

It fails because the last two fields cause problems:

data_directory : I use: C:\xampp\htdocs\xxx\data
internal_data_directory: C:\xampp\htdocs\xxx\internal_data

So the add-on runs but the groups and all messages are missing...
Hmm. The import does not supported yet. Feel free report new issue here: https://nobita.me/forums/issues.92/

I have a group that requires users to be approved before allowed to join. I hit the delete button and just get a message that the user cannot be found but still shows the in the group. I’m running the latest version.

I have a group that requires users to be approved before allowed to join. I hit the delete button and just get a message that the user cannot be found but still shows the in the group. I’m running the latest version.
Latest version you mean for beta 4?

@truonglv ,

please check this and provide a fix. Happens, when trying to create a forum.
Code:
    LogicException: Unknown relation or alias GroupForum accessed on xf_node src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php:753

Generiert von: Admin 06.02.2019 - 15:16 um 15:16

Stack-Trace

#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(649): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->join('GroupForum', true, true, true)
#1 src/addons/Truonglv/Groups/Pub/Controller/Forum.php(157): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->with('GroupForum', true)
#2 src/addons/Truonglv/Groups/Pub/Controller/Forum.php(40): Truonglv\Groups\Pub\Controller\Forum->nodeSaveProcess(Object(Truonglv\Groups\Entity\Group), Object(Truonglv\Groups\XF\Entity\Node))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): Truonglv\Groups\Pub\Controller\Forum->actionAdd(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(248): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Truonglv\\Groups...', 'Add', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Truonglv\Groups\Pub\Controller\Forum), NULL)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Truonglv\Groups\Pub\Controller\Forum), NULL)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#7 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#8 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#9 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#10 {main}

truonglv updated [tl] Social Groups with a new update entry:

Version 2.0.0 released!

Notable Changes:
  • Added support group post system
  • Improvement integrate with XenForo Forums
  • Improvement integrate with XenForo Gallery Media
  • Added option to complete disable integrate Forums
  • Added option to complete disable integrate XenForo Gallery Media
  • Improvement group avatar, cover
  • Added feature to reassign group to another
  • Rename all templates from tl_groups_* to tlg_*
  • Rename all phrases from tl_groups_* to tlg_*
  • Support...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@truonglv ,
that update solved my above error. I´ld like to point out a few and easy to fix problems, I came across:

1. When adding forums there is an option missing, to not show them on forums_list. If a user adds a group forum this gets instantly shown on forums_list and that is the last thing you want, since this it effects how your main page looks and you don´t want to have a well sorted and arranged forums_list with an endless list of public visible group forums - or visible group forums at all. by now the only way to avoid that is, to restrict visibility for the forum node. But if you do that, the next problem arises:

2. When you have restricted the visibilty of the category where your group forums go to, the navigation on breadcrumb in /groups/[test.1]/discussions looks like Groups > [Main forums category] > [Groups forum name] > [Social group name] with the corresponding links. That makes no sense, since when you have restricted visibility for the [Main forums category] the user is redirected to the forums_list, but won´t find any groups. Also, when browsing the [Social group forums] the breadcrumbs should only link to the forums section within that particular group, like [Social group name] > [Discussions] > [Social group forum name / internal category] > [Social group thread title]. That way people don´t get confused and all links stay in that single group, providing the user easy navigation.

3. Sidebar. When you have set up a sidebar in your main forums threads, the sidebar also shows on all group forum threads. This is consuming a vast amount of space there, since the navigation sidebar to the left is already there and the width of the thread itself shrinks to a tiny little and hard to read text. There really is the need for an option, to completly disable the sidebar in group forums and I would like to urge you, to implement this.

4. If you have set up the first forum in a social group, there is no obvious and easy to reach link to add a second and third. Please add a persisting "Add forum" button to the top right in the Discussions section, because under the settings wheel normal users will never find that option ;)

5. Repositioning of cover photo dosn´t work.

6. Group avatar is cropped:

Last edited:
.and there seems to be another problem:
Code:
InvalidArgumentException: Unknown column tlg_group_id on XF:Node src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php:1569

Stack-Trace

#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(595): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->resolveFieldToTableAndColumn('tlg_group_id', true)
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(267): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->columnSqlName('tlg_group_id', true)
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(132): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->buildCondition('tlg_group_id', '>', 0)
#3 src/addons/Truonglv/Groups/Job/NodeParent.php(31): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->where('tlg_group_id', '>', 0)
#4 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(253): Truonglv\Groups\Job\NodeParent->run(G)
#5 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(195): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(79): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#7 src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php(139): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(true, 8)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionRunJob(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(248): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Tools', 'RunJob', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(ThemeHouse\QAForums\XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(ThemeHouse\QAForums\XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#12 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#13 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#14 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#15 {main}

@truonglv ,
that update solved my above error. I´ld like to point out a few and easy to fix problems, I came across:

1. When adding forums there is an option missing, to not show them on forums_list. If a user adds a group forum this gets instantly shown on forums_list and that is the last thing you want, since this it effects how your main page looks and you don´t want to have a well sorted and arranged forums_list with an endless list of public visible group forums - or visible group forums at all. by now the only way to avoid that is, to restrict visibility for the forum node. But if you do that, the next problem arises:

2. When you have restricted the visibilty of the category where your group forums go to, the navigation on breadcrumb in /groups/[test.1]/discussions looks like Groups > [Main forums category] > [Groups forum name] > [Social group name] with the corresponding links. That makes no sense, since when you have restricted visibility for the [Main forums category] the user is redirected to the forums_list, but won´t find any groups. Also, when browsing the [Social group forums] the breadcrumbs should only link to the forums section within that particular group, like [Social group name] > [Discussions] > [Social group forum name / internal category] > [Social group thread title]. That way people don´t get confused and all links stay in that single group, providing the user easy navigation.

3. Sidebar. When you have set up a sidebar in your main forums threads, the sidebar also shows on all group forum threads. This is consuming a vast amount of space there, since the navigation sidebar to the left is already there and the width of the thread itself shrinks to a tiny little and hard to read text. There really is the need for an option, to completly disable the sidebar in group forums and I would like to urge you, to implement this.

4. If you have set up the first forum in a social group, there is no obvious and easy to reach link to add a second and third. Please add a persisting "Add forum" button to the top right in the Discussions section, because under the settings wheel normal users will never find that option ;)

5. Repositioning of cover photo dosn´t work.

6. Group avatar is cropped:
View attachment 195107
Please report and give your suggestions on my forum support :D

truonglv updated [tl] Social Groups with a new update entry:

Version 2.0.2 released!

Important: You MUST rebuild group caches after upgraded to this version

Notable Changes:
  • Improvement group widgets
  • Improvement render avatar, cover
  • Fixed populate wrong members into group
  • Fixed new event alert missing templates
  • Fixed upcoming events does not check permissions
  • Fixed avatar crop in some cases
  • Re-order post thread button
  • Do not show sidebar in group forum view (discussions page)
  • Fixed cannot integrate with Media Album
  • Fixed page not...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Does this support placing group forums in the actual main forum list rather than within the group's page, and are the groups Xenforo user groups or something else?
Would rather not separate the discussions from the main forum tree.

Does this support placing group forums in the actual main forum list rather than within the group's page, and are the groups Xenforo user groups or something else?
Would rather not separate the discussions from the main forum tree.
It is using XF forums so it is display to forum list as well

I created a test group...

How do I add a forum for the group - it currently just looks like one big profile page.

Also why do the group banners load each time? Doesn't seem like they should have to load each time.

I created a test group...

How do I add a forum for the group - it currently just looks like one big profile page.
I have disable that feature on my site.

Also why do the group banners load each time? Doesn't seem like they should have to load each time.
That for calculating correct cover position.

Top Bottom