Profile Vanity URL

Profile Vanity URL [Paid] 2.0.5

No permission to buy ($35.00)

truonglv

Reactions: 021
If I set permissions for only a certain group to use this, will members lose their Vanity URL if they are removed from that group?

Just curious if there are performance concerns, aka redirects? Is there issue with turning this on and off and on and off? Does the old member URL also work? Any issues with thousands of members using this?

To avoid problems with routes you can use /members/ i have read.
But the idea of this addon is to have a short name like: nobita.me/admin and not nobite.me/members/admin

If you send someone a link it doesnt matter if this is lalala/blaha/members/long/longer/longest/myname/haha/admin;
but if you tell it to someone like, "hey visit me at hitter under @shortname some people are able to remember this without a link or a eletronic device.

I suggest
a) to check the routes
b) show a message if you add a new route, when a user has this name and also field for a new vanity-url for this user and a automatically message to the user that "we are sorry, but your name: "route-to-whatever" is needed by the community, please choose a new one.

For me the addon makes sense, when i have a short name. With a long name, i see (for me) no sense to have
domain.com/members/admin instead domain.com/members/1; but to have domain.com/admin would be nice.

Also is see a problem, when everyone can choose what they want; so maybe an option could be:
a) free choice
b) only the username

If not "hot-willi" will take the name of "freezing-sandra" and just this girl will make a big blabla why someone is allowed to steal her name.

Last edited:
$35.00 is a pretty steep price just for a vanity name. Wouldnt mind getting this add-on but not for that price.

This is an add-on that less people need, but people who need it have no other choice than to buy it.
From the view of the programer there are less people to pay for the invest in time and nerves to produce it.
Because of this i understand the high price.

I am not shure about the functions of the new version, but maybe the problem is solved now to have a short url (forum.com/name instead of forum.com/members/name) and also a protection for the routes.

Two ideas if not done:
  • option to have the username only
  • moderating list to check the used names with one click yes/no - there are too many needed clicks everywhere in XF, mods need always to much time, nerves and as said before clicks.
I like the idea and the add-on,
normally this should be a core function to have xenforo.com/sabrina instead of xenforo.com/members/sabrina.212

What price which you are expecting?
To be honest I don’t know, but I just feel the price is kind of high the way it is right now. I use to use the free version for x1 that was created by a different add-on developer. But I understand everybody is different so I am not comparing. I’m just thinking the price is high for a shorter url change which is more ideal for sites.

So this stopped working for me. It does one of two things now. It either won't change the vanity at all or if it does the link becomes broken.

Showing:
OOPS! WE RAN INTO SOME PROBLEMS.
The requested page could not be found.

So this stopped working for me. It does one of two things now. It either won't change the vanity at all or if it does the link becomes broken.

Showing:
OOPS! WE RAN INTO SOME PROBLEMS.
The requested page could not be found.
Can you give more details?

Can you give more details?
I can certainly try. What details are you looking for?

FYI I looked at my database and it's been changing their vanity status to disabled. That appears to be why they don't work.

Also, curiously this doesn't fix URLs back to their original link structure when someone is stripped of the permission to use vanities.

Top Bottom