Profile Vanity URL

Profile Vanity URL [Paid] 2.0.5

No permission to buy ($35.00)
I think the problem is when someone changes their vanity and then changes it back to a previously used one.

It disables it in the database.

When the user changes back to a previously used vanity it seems to strip the vanity URL from the profile altogether.

The second problem seems to occur if I rebuild the caches. It restores the vanity URL, but the profile page is broken.

This is a simple fix by reinstating the status in the database back to valid from disabled. It's a doable fix, but hopefully we can patch this?

The more pressing issue I have is there's no way to remove the vanity URL from parties who shouldn't have the permission.

Is there a way to manually from admin panel to remove vanities and fix the URLs back the old /members/ path when they are out of the user group?

After a few hours the members who were supposed to have vanities got theirs back and the ones who weren't lost it.

So it seems it fixed itself, but is this how it works? When it needs to remove it from one user it disables them all and then restores it to proper users?

I can certainly try. What details are you looking for?

FYI I looked at my database and it's been changing their vanity status to disabled. That appears to be why they don't work.

Also, curiously this doesn't fix URLs back to their original link structure when someone is stripped of the permission to use vanities.
When permission revoke the page are disabled anyway. Look like it's should back to users?

When permission revoke the page are disabled anyway. Look like it's should back to users?
The link disappears, but their profile still has the vanity URL.

Also, every few hours all the vanities are randomly getting disabled. Everyone's. Including people who should have them.

The new update already turned on the vanities for the people who should have them and not the people who shouldn't.

Thanks for the fix. I will report back if they turn off again.

Any conflicts with this working with new XF2.2? Can it be set to force "@" in front of all vanity names so it doesn't conflict with short forum URLs?

Any conflicts with this working with new XF2.2? Can it be set to force "@" in front of all vanity names so it doesn't conflict with short forum URLs?
The demo is running with XF 2.2 and i don't see any conflict yet. Also there are option to force "@" to all short URLs as you want.

Top Bottom