Image Optimizer for XF 2.0

Image Optimizer for XF 2.0 [Paid] 2.1.8

No permission to buy ($29.00)
I just realized - the default paths are incorrect.

Instead of :
'src/addons/Truonglv/ImageOptimizer/pngquant'
it should be
'src/addons/Truonglv/ImageOptimizer/scripts/pngquant'

All of the files are in the 'scripts' folder

I just realized - the default paths are incorrect.

Instead of :
'src/addons/Truonglv/ImageOptimizer/pngquant'
it should be
'src/addons/Truonglv/ImageOptimizer/scripts/pngquant'

All of the files are in the 'scripts' folder
Nope. If you run the file setup.sh you will see the binary at that path. All files in scripts folder is scripts to install binary.

I must have missed the installation instructions, since they aren't with the file. When I installed, I simply uploaded the files that are in the 'upload' folder, and I 'installed' the add-on via XenForo Admin CP.

So you are saying I have to run something outside of the Admin CP?

I must have missed the installation instructions, since they aren't with the file. When I installed, I simply uploaded the files that are in the 'upload' folder, and I 'installed' the add-on via XenForo Admin CP.

So you are saying I have to run something outside of the Admin CP?
Yes. If you have VPS you must run the file setup.sh to install binary. The binary difference for each environment so I cannot attach into the add-on.

How would I go about running the file from my server?

I just need root access and use Terminal to navigate to the file, correct?

Thank you for the offer of help - and I may need to take you up on it in the future :) But for now, I finally figured out how to run setup.sh. Everything seemed to setup just fine, and I verified the binaries as looking good. I am trying another test run.

I just checked... and it is working!! Thank you so much for your help!

Everything is working great, but it is optimizing about 4GB of images per day with option settings of 100 images per job. Is this a decent rate of optimization? I know that it is due to a great extent on my server, but is there a simple way to know how fast is "fast enough"?

I am guessing I have about 50GB of images in total.

Bought this add-on and it's running now. Is going to take a while, we have a LOT of images...

Quick remark though @truonglv , you should make a requirements list:
  • git
  • Curl
  • GCC
  • pkg-config
  • autoconf
  • libjpeg-dev
  • libpng-dev

I had to re-run the setup 5 times before getting everything to install.

But so far so good, thanks for this add-on!

PS: Is there a way to let the script run more often than once every 5 minutes? Cannot edit the cron entry.
And is it smart to do so if possible?

Currently the script is set to edit 75 images every 5 minutes. With those settings it's going to take 6 weeks to complete :censored:

Last edited:
Update:
Running this add-on for about 3 weeks now. Processed 64GB (675k attachments) with an average saving of 65% (22.2GB)

Changed the cronjob, it's running every minute now (need to process about 1.5mln attachments:censored:)

Last edited:
And the final update.

After 6 weeks of running (first with the default settings but quickly after created a new cronjob that ran every minute@50 images) it is done with all the images:

• 1.45 million attachments
  • 247.000 avatars
  • 1.47 million proxy images (according to id)

Original total size: 251GB
New size: 92GB

A saving of 63.5%

And the final update.

After 6 weeks of running (first with the default settings but quickly after created a new cronjob that ran every minute@50 images) it is done with all the images:

• 1.45 million attachments
  • 247.000 avatars
  • 1.47 million proxy images (according to id)

Original total size: 251GB
New size: 92GB

A saving of 63.5%

Thats awesome! will have to look at getting this soon. I have nowhere near the amount you do but its certainly worth having.

Top Bottom