Image Optimizer for XF 2.0

Image Optimizer for XF 2.0 [Paid] 2.1.8

No permission to buy ($29.00)
Thanks moving the files from o into h fixed the image not found.

View attachment 187708

@truonglv thanks for the addon, does a fantastic job. Are you planning on implementing for media gallery attachments?
Media gallery use default attachments so it is supported.

I am using this addon for XF1 and planning up upgrade XF1 to XF2.

Can I upgrade XF1 to XF2 without uninstalling the XF1 version of this addon and then upgrade in place to the XF2 version of this addon?
You must uninstall the old version. Your data still same but the log is deleted.

So just to be clear, will this help with my server disc space which is extremely large, mostly with attachments? Will it convert existing attachments and what does it do with ones being uploaded once the add on is installed and running. Ad will it effect image quality? Thanks in advance.
DESCRIPTION
Optimizing all images which stored in XenForo to lower size and do not loss quality.

You must uninstall the old version. Your data still same but the log is deleted.

Won’t that cause it to try and re-optimize all the old images again? Last time I went through that, it was torture on my server, very high CPU utilization and temps.

So just to be clear, will this help with my server disc space which is extremely large, mostly with attachments? Will it convert existing attachments and what does it do with ones being uploaded once the add on is installed and running. Ad will it effect image quality? Thanks in advance.

I just ran this on my system. We have over 400k photos. It ran smoothly with no change quality of photos. This has saved ~40GB of disk space on our system. You will not be disappointed in running this addon. Another benefit is that it reduces page sizes and thus makes page load faster for users. A 4mb photo is now 900k etc..

Hello, maybe someone can help, not much help on the developers website. Does anyone know how to - run the script io_setup.sh? Is this something in the ACP or something that must be done on the server?

Hello, maybe someone can help, not much help on the developers website. Does anyone know how to - run the script io_setup.sh? Is this something in the ACP or something that must be done on the server?
It is must be done on the server.

Once you're logged in navigate to your directory holding this addon: src/addons/Truonglv/ImageOptimizer relative to forum root

you might have to change permission of setup.sh to make executable: chmod +x setup.sh
Then run it: ./setup.sh

@truonglv posted a link on running .sh file

You can also look here:

Give it a read. Once you're into your system via ssh with link above for Hawkhost you just navigate to the addon directory then follow the instructions on how to execute the .sh file

@truonglv posted a link on running .sh file

You can also look here:
https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/run-execute-sh-shell-script/

Give it a read. Once you're into your system via ssh with link above for Hawkhost you just navigate to the addon directory then follow the instructions on how to execute the .sh file
I had someone do it for me, did anyone choose any other options see besides the default and if so what difference will it make with the images?

Top Bottom