Anonymous Posting

Anonymous Posting [Paid] 2.1.3

No permission to buy ($30.00)
That´s just your american accent. I am german and its common sense, that the klingorian reich was founded by...yes...germans ;)
I temporarily gave the anonymous permission to the entire registered and administrative groups in case it was because I limited it to the one forum, unfortunately no difference. Actual user was still visible in many places.
@truonglv , have you tested your add-on before release or is this related to incompatibilites or something like that? These are really big issues BoP is experiencing and I am getting goose bumps imaging, this would have happend in a seriously sensitive forum..

I am not using the mod at the moment. But @truonglv was fast to respond to bugs I had found in the early versions on his forum. I will try the latest, 1.05 at some later date. The time I had set aside for the forum migration has passed. If he figured out how to make the post attributed to a totally separate user called "Anonymous" (or presumably anything else) then I am confident the post will show as anonymous even on Tapatalk. However if that hasn't been implemented yet I'm almost certain it won't work on Tapatalk.

A good Anonymous mod is actually very difficult to pull off... I'm worried about the things I haven't thought of- and I don't want to risk my user's privacy without a fully tested and vetted anonymous mod and I don't have the time (or Xenforo experience yet) to be the person who does the testing and vetting right now. Maybe soon.

Sure, if you created a user called "anonymous" and were able to post as that member then indeed it would show up as anonymous even using TapaTalk.

Sure, if you created a user called "anonymous" and were able to post as that member then indeed it would show up as anonymous even using TapaTalk.

As well as everywhere else. The only weak point would be the IP address and only mods (presumably) can see that. That is why I am of the opinion it is the only way to safely do an anonymous mod.

Well you could also get around the IP issue by adding a fake entry for the user in the DB. You would also need to fake a online session for the user so they show up as being online during the post.

Could I just be clear, please - does this addon give the ability to allow specific usergroups to post anonymously, in specific forums? Or does it not allow a per forum approach? Thanks!

I have a permissions problem with this:

“Registered” usergroup has “can use” set to No.
In forum ABC, “Registered” usergroup has “can use” set to Yes.

Analyzing permissions for a Registered user shows:

[tl] Anonymous Posting: Can use Yes (Details)
Registered No
-- ABC - Registered Yes
BUT the Registered usergroup cannot, in fact, use this addon in that forum – it’s not available.

Giving the “Registered” usergroup a default “can use” set to Yes globally produces:
Can use in every forum APART from ABC.

Can you help please?

I have a permissions problem with this:

“Registered” usergroup has “can use” set to No.
In forum ABC, “Registered” usergroup has “can use” set to Yes.

Analyzing permissions for a Registered user shows:

[tl] Anonymous Posting: Can use Yes (Details)
Registered No
-- ABC - Registered Yes
BUT the Registered usergroup cannot, in fact, use this addon in that forum – it’s not available.

Giving the “Registered” usergroup a default “can use” set to Yes globally produces:
Can use in every forum APART from ABC.

Can you help please?
Sorry for my bad english. I not really understand your issue correctly.

OK, let me simplify :)

I’ve given the Registered usergroup permission to post anonymously in one forum.

I’ve confirmed this by analyzing permissions. Looks correct.

But they can’t actually post anonymously there.

OK, let me simplify :)

I’ve given the Registered usergroup permission to post anonymously in one forum.

I’ve confirmed this by analyzing permissions. Looks correct.

But they can’t actually post anonymously there.

Does you check that forum in options as well?

Top Bottom