1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TinyMCE Tables

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Shaun Mason, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Active Member

I know the TinyMCE editor supports tables via plugin...can we get that enabled?

2. Shaun Mason

No one else uses tables on your forum?

My main forum site is sports oriented, and that means tables are HUGE for us.=)

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Even if tables were implemented in the editor, they still wouldn't be sufficient for my uses so I'll just create custom BB Code again.

For plain vanilla tables then yes, it could be a useful feature to have.

4. Shaun Mason

At this point, any tables are better than no tables.

5. James

James Well-Known Member

Can't the TinyMCE plugin for tables be added via a custom toolbar as you would with any TinyMCE editor?

6. Brogan

7. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

It seems that more people are in need of a way to add tables to their postings/content (through custom bbcodes: but I am suggesting it as a default function/bbcode). I guess it's probably better suited as an add-on (or custom bbcode? Not sure what is possible with bbcodes or not), but I have the impression that a lot of boards are in need of something like this (don't have to explain the benefits), so maybe it would benefit as a stock function.

I am shamelessly quoting myself, but there is just a fantastic Wordpress example in it:

I am in serious need of such table functionality for a new (XenForo) client and my own site would also benefit.

Karelke likes this.
  8. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

Here's another example of a great implementation/use of tables:
    http://www.cliptheapex.com/community/pages/bahrain-international-circuit/

It's the XenForo powered website from Brogan. I don't have a clue how these tables are achieved inside XenForo's Pages, but I would love to have the functionality to create such tables (or even non-sortable ones will do for now) inside any content (being it posts or pages) in XenForo.

9. Brogan