1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Thumbnail Attachments are not centred correctly after deleting / adding new images

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by tenants, Nov 20, 2013.

1. tenants

tenants Well-Known Member

I've managed to reproduce the bug on XenForo.com:

Steps to reproduce:

Create a thread with 2 post (or more)
    1) in the first post add a few images as attachments, some long, some wide
    2) in the second post add a few images, some long, some wide (but a slightly different variation)

The thumbnails should look fine (centred)
    3) Edit the first (or second) post, on returning to the thread, some of the attachments are not centred

The images are only displayed incorrectly when first being redirected to the page, not when refreshing the page / 1st page load

Browser Environments tested so far:
    • Chrome (Version 30.0.1599.101 m) reproduced
    • I've also reproduced this in IE 9
    • Unable to reproduce in FireFox
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
    erich37 likes this.
  2. tenants

The thumbnails are not getting centred on redirecting, but it also seems to happen on 1st page load (less frequently)

This doesn't seem to occur in FF, but something I did notice with FF:
    At first, the images appear to be non centred, then the javascript (XenForo.SquareThumbs) kicks in and the images are then all centred
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  3. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Not confirmed in firefox 26. Everything looks good to me
  4. tenants

As mentioned, reproducible in chrome and ie 9, but not in FireFox (but it is temperamental in G/IE):

Most the time, all I need to do to reproduce this, is simply navigate to
    http://xenforo.com/community/threads/bug-attachment-test.63514/#post-672103 (press return on the url)
    http://xenforo.com/community/threads/bug-attachment-test.63514/ (press return on the url)

Using IE9 / Chrome
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  5. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

You must participate in the alphas and betas. I'm still on 25.0.1 (installed on November 15).
  6. tenants

Hmm., it seems to be harder to reproduce in chrome just by navigating to the url (but still see it every now an then)

But to reproduce in IE9, I seem to get it every time

I just navigate to:
    and then

If you keep switching between
    In chrome, you will see it every now and them (I'm seeing it roughly 1 in every 2 or 3 times)

-It's not caching the image position, since these images are positioned by script
  7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I think I've sorted this now.
    erich37 likes this.