Threadloom Search for XenForo 1.5.x [Deleted]

If we update do we lose the option to have the forum list on the left hand side? As I would prefer to have that permanently displayed, with the other filter options on top.

I don't think that's possible based on threadloom's response above. After using the drop-down filters for a while, we think it's way superior - you may agree :) The forum dropdown will still show you the forum list, with number of results found in every forum. Besides, one must design for mobile as a priority these days, right? ;)

If we update do we lose the option to have the forum list on the left hand side? As I would prefer to have that permanently displayed, with the other filter options on top.
Hi @viper357, upgrading will move the contents of the left hand pane into the filter tab, as @kontrabass said. The new drop-down style has a few advantages over the left-side pane that we hope you'll like.
  • Multi-select support so you can search for posts across multiple forums at the same time
  • Live editing so you can add and remove forums without clicking back
  • Text-input with type-ahead so you can search for a forum more quickly
I hope you'll give the new UI a try and let us know what you think.

The new drop-down style has a few advantages over the left-side pane that we hope you'll like.
  • Multi-select support so you can search for posts across multiple forums at the same time
  • Live editing so you can add and remove forums without clicking back
  • Text-input with type-ahead so you can search for a forum more quickly
I hope you'll give the new UI a try and let us know what you think.
Brilliant! Enabled also on customizeXF. Keep on!

@threadloom i been using this mod for about 3 weeks, today posting stopped working randomly and i got tons of these errors

Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction

after investagting, turned out the issue was threadloom, and after disabling posting work again, and if i re-enable, posting stops working in 30 minutes or so

@threadloom i been using this mod for about 3 weeks, today posting stopped working randomly and i got tons of these errors

after investagting, turned out the issue was threadloom, and after disabling posting work again, and if i re-enable, posting stops working in 30 minutes or so

Actually I had the same problem. I was on the phone with my host for 1,5 hours and we started to investigate possible mysql-problems.
Then he pointed out he saw some javascript-message about threadloom with his testaccount in the forum. After deactivating the plugin it immediately worked again.

Last edited:

I am having the same issue, it started today.

I am having the same issue, it started today.
Btw, this is what my hosting found:

"I took a look and saw that there were many, many unclosed tables. This could have been due to recent updates or anything in that nature having to do with Mysql, therefore causing many processes to hang. I restarted MySQL for you and then repaired the databases to make sure there were no issues with it."

So after they did that, everything worked great for a couple hours and then it just now started up again. I have disabled this addon until further investigation.

I was also having issues with posting and liking posts, seems like disabling this add-on has fixed the issue for now.

Hi folks, thanks for reporting. We started experiencing some intermittent issues on our backend this morning that we think have caused the issues reported here. We've been investigating and taking steps to resolve. We're continuing to monitor very closely. We will keep this thread updated.

Hi folks, thanks for reporting. We started experiencing some intermittent issues on our backend this morning that we think have caused the issues reported here. We've been investigating and taking steps to resolve. We're continuing to monitor very closely. We will keep this thread updated.

Update: The timeout errors in this thread were related to 2 service issues we experienced b/t 6:45-9:05 AM and 10:58-11:13 AM PT. During this time, some customers may have intermittently experienced failed posts and edits, our automatic failover to standard search, and/or error messages. We tracked this down to a release from Sun. morning, which we rolled back shortly after 11 AM PT, and have not seen availability issues since then.

It should now be safe to re-enable Threadloom.

I sincerely apologize to everyone affected by this issue this morning. We're reviewing our latest release to determine why it caused this issue, and to figure out how to prevent it from happening again. We're also looking at additional safeguards to ensure other site functions aren't impacted in the future.

We'll post an update within the next week on what we're doing to prevent this.

If you have any questions or run into any further problems, or just need to vent - which you are completely justified in doing - please drop me a line.

Last edited:
Thanks. This brought each of our sites down across two different servers on and off most of the day.
Extremely sorry to hear this Brent. We know you place a lot of trust in us as a service provider and we let you down this time. We're taking a hard look at how this happened and will update with measures we're taking to prevent an issue like this in the future.

Extremely sorry to hear this Brent. We know you place a lot of trust in us as a service provider and we let you down this time. We're taking a hard look at how this happened and will update with measures we're taking to prevent an issue like this in the future.

It is ok. I have always been annoyed how search can bring down basic posting in XenForo. I think, hope, that XF 2 will resolve that. ES has done the same thing to us before when it has become unresponsive.

it seems there is still something going on, i re-enabled it and although posting is possible now..its slower than usual

Top Bottom