Threadloom Search for XenForo 1.5.x [Deleted]

That's correct. We'll also email existing customers shortly.

Cool, btw outstanding service and features so far. Thanks so much.

I have a small wishlist so will drop it in here:

1. More styling options for your various classes would be great, even better if you shove them in style properties where they belong (to avoid having to add more in extras)
2. Real time sync status feature in ACP -> I want to know if there's a sync issue or how far behind my TL index is
3. Sorted by popup should close on click out
4. Real time search result updates would be fantastic one day i.e. refresh on change
5. If your site/index is unreachable for whatever reason we need to have a semi-automated way to hit XF local search for fear of retribution
6. Your plugin should also replace default Forums->Search function in the navbar (so a template edit is needed here)

@threadloom

Last edited:
Just an FYI, but the only "Start free trial" button on your site that seems to work is the one on the upper right. The others just keep refreshing the page. At least that was my experience on three different browsers. ;)

Cool, btw outstanding service and features so far. Thanks so much.

I have a small wishlist so will drop it in here:

1. More styling options for your various classes would be great, even better if you shove them in style properties where they belong (to avoid having to add more in extras)
2. Real time sync status feature in ACP -> I want to know if there's a sync issue or how far behind my TL index is
3. Sorted by popup should close on click out
4. Real time search result updates would be fantastic one day i.e. refresh on change
5. If your site/index is unreachable for whatever reason we need to have a semi-automated way to hit XF local search for fear of retribution
6. Your plugin should also replace default Forums->Search function in the navbar (so a template edit is needed here)

@threadloom

Thanks for the feedback, @ichpen!
1. I'll note this!
2. We have this on the list – I think the likely home for this is probably the TL portal.
3. Added this – we should be able to fix this in the near future, but we'll probably do it when we also add some more sorts.
4. Threadloom is set up to index content in real-time, by default (unless you disable it in the advanced settings section). Let me know if you're seeing this occur on your site – should take no more than a few seconds for most new posts and/or edits.
5. This is also already built into Threadloom. If you're interested in force-testing this, email me and I'll show you how to do it.
6. Thanks, I'll note this, too!

BTW, I just shared this with some other forum admins, but wanted to clarify:

You can install and run Threadloom on your forum w/o making it visible to all of your users. You can hit the Threadloom URL on your site directly, which is a way for you and your trusted members to try it out first before making a decision on whether to turn it on for all users. If you don't like it – at any time, before or after you turn it on for your users – you can uninstall the plug-in with one click and everything will go back to how it was before. So in short, we tried to make it:
  1. Easy to install: 2 min. plug-in install (then let it index in the background)
  2. Easy to test: Private URL to try it out
  3. Easy to uninstall: 1-click uninstall

Today was the first day using Threadloom, and I think we will be sticking with it!

I do have one suggestion...

If you could include images in the search, like showing the images in any related threads as an additional section would really be an awesome feature! Something to consider for a future version...

@CivilWarTalk: We don't use screenshot thumbnails in forum post results for a number of reasons, but the main one is that they can actually hurt the search experience because of the tradeoff between adding the thumbnail, and shortening the text snippet or removing other thread metadata. Our plan to tackle images is to bring in image search in 2 waves. Happy to share more or discuss the thumbnails more – feel free to PM me.

Thank you for this. Is there a way to change the type of font used in the search results? Thanks.

Thank you for this. Is there a way to change the type of font used in the search results? Thanks.

We currently use the same font that your forum uses, as set in the Style Properties section in AdminCP. We do this so that our search results are consistent with how you've styled your forum. What do you have in mind?

Thanks for the feedback, @ichpen!
1. I'll note this!
2. We have this on the list – I think the likely home for this is probably the TL portal.
3. Added this – we should be able to fix this in the near future, but we'll probably do it when we also add some more sorts.
4. Threadloom is set up to index content in real-time, by default (unless you disable it in the advanced settings section). Let me know if you're seeing this occur on your site – should take no more than a few seconds for most new posts and/or edits.
5. This is also already built into Threadloom. If you're interested in force-testing this, email me and I'll show you how to do it.
6. Thanks, I'll note this, too!

Great to hear. Don't forget to update your resource here when you update your plugin. I'm not receiving any emails from TL on updates and you really need to add some version numbers to your file names at least pretty please so we know we're getting the latest from your dashboard.

threadloom updated Threadloom Site Search with a new update entry:

Thread prefix support (all versions)

Threadloom now supports XenForo thread prefixes. Thread prefixes are a great way to help users quickly identify what category a post belongs to.
  • Thread prefixes now show up in search results
  • You can also filter search results by prefix, simply by typing [prefix:myprefix] before your search term
And you can stack prefixes with other advanced search operators. This works across all versions of the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great to hear. Don't forget to update your resource here when you update your plugin. I'm not receiving any emails from TL on updates and you really need to add some version numbers to your file names at least pretty please so we know we're getting the latest from your dashboard.
Thanks for the reminder @ichpen. I just posted an update about thread prefix support, which we added on Monday, and we'll have an update out to all users soon. I shared your feedback to the team about filenames and we've added it to our list.

Last edited:
Installed to do a comparison with my current xenforo elasticsearch results, if threadloom give better results i stay with threadloom.

On question @threadloom my forum has 15 millions of posts, how many time can take to do the index ? if i read well the index start automatically (i see a thread loom sync in cron(?)) and i receive a mail when finished, is this right ?

Where i can found the private URL to try before turn on the threadloom search ?

Thanks

Last edited:
I was also wondering how long it takes to index. I do get the "Connection: OK" message, installed it approximately 24 hours ago but have not yet received the email indicating indexing complete. Thanks.

My forum took about 2 weeks to index but I think that was because of my server setup and plus I forgot to make the recommended changes for Litespeed. But it's working well now and I've had no complaints from members yet. :)

I was also wondering how long it takes to index. I do get the "Connection: OK" message, installed it approximately 24 hours ago but have not yet received the email indicating indexing complete. Thanks.

To answer my own question. Indexing just completed. Took a bit over 24 hours, I am on a shared server. Up and running, looks great so far.

my forum has 15 millions of posts, how many time can take to do the index ? if i read well the index start automatically (i see a thread loom sync in cron(?)) and i receive a mail when finished, is this right ?

Hi @dbembibre - You're correct, the indexing starts automatically once you install and we send you an email after the index is done. Index builds usually take 6-12 hours. That estimate holds for a forum of your size, but as @viper357 and @Amphicar770 can attest, it can vary. Your server settings make a big difference.

Our indexer runs continuously in the background until the index is complete, unless it gets interrupted by a timeout. If it does it tries again every hour by default. If you have a short timeout setting, it'll take longer to build your index. There are a couple of ways to get around this. (1) you can set the Threadloom scheduled task to run more frequently so there's less lag between timeout and restart (easiest approach, solves 85% of the timeout lag) or (2) you can adjust your server timeout, which we have some instructions for here. Most of the time none of this is necessary, but if you have any questions feel free to post, PM me, or better yet email us at support@threadloom.com so our whole team sees it right away.

Where i can found the private URL to try before turn on the threadloom search ?

The email contains the preview link.

@Amphicar770 - FYI, 'Connection: OK' just means we're talking to your server and the indexer is running. Looks like your index just finished from your last post. Glad you like the results so far!

Top Bottom