Threadloom Search for XenForo 2.x [Deleted]

I've asked my moderators to try it and report back.

FWIW, a quick google search brought this up:

It's a VB install but the results look the same from my laptop.

Okay, it's something at my end. When I use a VPN to view my site it's fine and my moderators are seeing the correct formatting. I would normally pin this on Chrome but I got the same results in all three browsers so I assume this is related to my router settings or ISP? I've never experienced that before and I apologize for snarking at you. What I was seeing combined with the problems viewing your site led to wonder what was going on. Thank you again for the quick support.

Okay, it's something at my end. When I use a VPN to view my site it's fine and my moderators are seeing the correct formatting. I would normally pin this on Chrome but I got the same results in all three browsers so I assume this is related to my router settings or ISP? I've never experienced that before and I apologize for snarking at you. What I was seeing combined with the problems viewing your site led to wonder what was going on. Thank you again for the quick support.
Thank you for reaching out along with reporting this issue, as overnight I've found that you are not alone on the Search issue. I'm digging deeper to see if it's XFinity related or possibly just security software you might be using? So far my reports are scattered as far as security sources, but I'm hoping to narrow those down soon. By chance are you using a Netgear router?

Interesting! No security software here. If it's of any use I'm on a MacBook Pro running Catalina. I have two routers here, the standard Xfinity modem/router (Cisco I think) and an Apple router. Both return the same results. My money is on Xfinity.

Interesting! No security software here. If it's of any use I'm on a MacBook Pro running Catalina. I have two routers here, the standard Xfinity modem/router (Cisco I think) and an Apple router. Both return the same results. My money is on Xfinity.
I contacted XFinity about this, and their customer support wasn't as helpful as I don't have an account with them using their router.
We are still tracking this down - just wanted to give you more of an update as we know more.

Hey, just wanted to let you know the formatting is back while connected through Xfinity and my usual browsers and such. Thanks!
I wasn't 100% sure when it was going to clear up, but I'm happy it did! I hope you have a great weekend. Thanks for the follow-up.

threadloom updated Threadloom Search for XenForo 2.x with a new update entry:

2.1.0 - released 2019-11-06 Add bookmark

Threadloom Search is now available as a supplemental option to the native forum search

In addition to various fixes and improvements, this update includes a new feature that lets your forum members choose (and save) Threadloom Search or your native forum search engine as their default search engine. You no longer have to choose between the two – your members can have both. As an admin, however, you are able to set either option as the default search engine for new visitors to your forum...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Ok so on another computer it unzipped no problem. Go figure. But it still gives the missing file error on install on 2.1.

To prevent potential issues, please resolve the following warnings before continuing:
  • The hashes.json file for this add-on is missing so no file health check can be performed.

Until that gets fixed I won't be installing. If you can't make a proper add-on doesn't give errors when trying to install I don't want it on my site. Please add install via zip as well ASAP.

Any ETA on that?
This has been corrected with this latest update.

Hi @threadloom,

I was testing this today and it is great. However, it seems to use Google Analytics which is a no-go for me. Would you guys consider not requiring Google Analytics on our boards? Will it also be possible to call in the JS locally rather than from your CDN?

Thanks.

Hi @threadloom,

I was testing this today and it is great. However, it seems to use Google Analytics which is a no-go for me. Would you guys consider not requiring Google Analytics on our boards? Will it also be possible to call in the JS locally rather than from your CDN?

Thanks.
We run the JS from our CDN to ensure it's up to date with the latest settings from the dashboard such as tabs, and colors.

Ok I installed finally and install went well and connection is ok but it still says install required in my Dashboard.
This is expected behavior, we have to make a connection to your server to begin the sync. Once this has been completed, and the installation is completed. You will receive an email once it's completed.

Saw this error in the log tonight:

• ErrorException: Template error: Template admin:threadloom_search_tools_rebuild is unknown
  • src/XF/Template/Templater.php:623

Saw this error in the log tonight:

• ErrorException: Template error: Template admin:threadloom_search_tools_rebuild is unknown
  • src/XF/Template/Templater.php:623

We also continue to receive this error. We have reported it twice but it seems to reappear.

Top Bottom