Threadloom Search for XenForo 2.x [Deleted]

Getting this error when I try to install after uploading.

To prevent potential issues, please resolve the following warnings before continuing:
  • The hashes.json file for this add-on is missing so no file health check can be performed.
Really wish install via upload was available.
Thanks for the message, we are working on making the update, and installation easier for admins. Look for the announcement in our future updates.

Ok so on another computer it unzipped no problem. Go figure. But it still gives the missing file error on install on 2.1.

To prevent potential issues, please resolve the following warnings before continuing:
  • The hashes.json file for this add-on is missing so no file health check can be performed.

Until that gets fixed I won't be installing. If you can't make a proper add-on doesn't give errors when trying to install I don't want it on my site. Please add install via zip as well ASAP.

Any ETA on that?

Just FYI that (at least on the XF 2.1 plugin) you may have to add read permissions to src/addons/Threadloom/Search/_data/cron.xml and options.xml before the addon will install correctly. These two files come out of the zip as 600 when the rest of the xml files in this folder are 644.

Ok so on another computer it unzipped no problem. Go figure. But it still gives the missing file error on install on 2.1.

Until that gets fixed I won't be installing. If you can't make a proper add-on doesn't give errors when trying to install I don't want it on my site. Please add install via zip as well ASAP.

Any ETA on that?

The reason this relatively harmless warning (not an error) happens is because the addon has your specific forum access key hard-coded in options.xml, so every download of the addon would have to go through the XF2 addon build process to generate a unique hashes.json file for your individual download. There's nothing wrong with the addon, it gives this warning because the developer opted to actually make it easier for you by pre-filling your forum's access key. And if using FTP to install this free addon is asking too much of you, you could always pay someone else to handle these kind of administrative tasks for you instead of whining and demanding that the developer make it easier for you. Were you around for XenForo 1.x where installing addons from an archive wasn't even available out of the box?

Last edited:
An addon shouldn't give errors or warnings when installing. Period. There is no official explaination in the documentation about this error whatsoever.

I'm not whining. Oh my. It's normal to expect an addon to follow standards. I've installed many add-ons since XF 1. I know how to ftp. If an add-on isn't following standards it makes me wonder what else is going on that isn't right and gives me a pause before installing on my site.

@threadloom, our search and newsletter add-ons are currently working well, but our server is starting to run out of hard drive space.

I'm preparing to move my attachments to an s3 server for more cost effective attachment storage.

I'll be using this Addon with DigitalOcean Spaces:

Will this be compatible with Threadloom Search and Newsletter?

I just want to check before I commit to this change. I'm probably somewhere between 2-weeks and 30 days away from completing this planned upgrade.

Thanks!

@threadloom, our search and newsletter add-ons are currently working well, but our server is starting to run out of hard drive space.

I'm preparing to move my attachments to an s3 server for more cost effective attachment storage.

I'll be using this Addon with DigitalOcean Spaces:

Will this be compatible with Threadloom Search and Newsletter?

I just want to check before I commit to this change. I'm probably somewhere between 2-weeks and 30 days away from completing this planned upgrade.

Thanks!

Hi there @CivilWarTalk - with respect to the addon - it should not affect Newsletter or Search. The Search is powered by Bing image search API.

Hey Threadloom, my search results layout is trashed and I see that many other forums are having the same problem. Your website's security certificates appear to be malfunctioning and Xfinity tells me that your home page has been compromised.

Are you still operating?

Hey Threadloom, my search results layout is trashed and I see that many other forums are having the same problem. Your website's security certificates appear to be malfunctioning and Xfinity tells me that your home page has been compromised.

Are you still operating?
Yes, we are still operating. When you say the results layout is trashed, can you provide an example? I went to your site, but I don't see the addon is enabled on your site.

I disabled it just in case, and because it looks like the css file is missing. It's back on if you want to check it. Here's a screen capture of the top of the results page.

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 12.24.28 PM.webp

Weird! I've got a popup blocker on Chrome but no ad blockers. I also tried FireFox (seldom used) and Safari (never used) with the same results, and Safari is definitely the default config. Views on all three look like the screen capture I sent. I'll try logging out or logging in as a registered user instead of admin.

Weird! I've got a popup blocker on Chrome but no ad blockers. I also tried FireFox (seldom used) and Safari (never used) with the same results, and Safari is definitely the default config. Views on all three look like the screen capture I sent. I'll try logging out or logging in as a registered user instead of admin.
I'm digging into this with our engineering team - to weed out any of the usual suspects. Thank you for your patience.

No problem at all, thank you so much for your quick response!
We've tested this across the team - by chance you have another device you can try it on? Does that occur for any other users as well?
The error you posted can happen if a computer's clock is incorrect (I don't believe that to be the issue here).

Top Bottom