Threadloom Search for XenForo 1.5.x [Deleted]

Getting a similar issue as the above poster on xenForo 1.5.

An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away in (my domain)/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
  5. XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in Audentio/Navigation/Model/Navigation.php at line 12
  6. Audentio_Navigation_Model_Navigation->getNavigationEntries() in Audentio/Navigation/Model/Navigation.php at line 271
  7. Audentio_Navigation_Model_Navigation->getNavigationInOrder() in Audentio/Navigation/Listener/CodeEvent.php at line 15
  8. Audentio_Navigation_Listener_CodeEvent::navigationTabs()
  9. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 90
  10. XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Dependencies/Public.php at line 495
  11. XenForo_Dependencies_Public->_getNavigationContainerParams() in XenForo/Dependencies/Public.php at line 371
  12. XenForo_Dependencies_Public->getEffectiveContainerParams() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 637
  13. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  14. XenForo_FrontController->run() in (my domain)/public_html/index.php at line 13

Over the past week, some customers have reported slow search speeds with Threadloom Search. We've reproduced the issue and can confirm that this is an issue with our infrastructure.

Over the past year, Threadloom Search has grown rapidly to serve tens of millions of users. As a result, we have been migrating to a more scalable solution that combines Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, and Elastic Cloud.

As part of this migration, some customers are experiencing faster search speeds, while others have been impacted by configuration and production issues that have resulted in slow search speeds. This occurs primarily during US daytime hours.

We are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. In addition to tackling the aforementioned issues, we are in the process of quintupling the number of cores in our deployment.

As we work through this issue, you may notice some delays to real-time indexing, and periodic interruptions to your cloud sync. This is normal, but if you have any concerns or questions, feel free to reach out to us via email or chat. We will also post updates here as we make progress.

In the meantime, if your site is affected by slow search speeds, please feel free to toggle Threadloom Search off in the your Admin Control Panel (Options > Threadloom). However, we would like to ask customers to continue to keep cron jobs active, in order to help us with our troubleshooting.

Finally, for all paying customers of Threadloom Search, we are issuing credits to cover the rest of 2018 (this month and next month).

We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Last week, we sent an email about a slowdown affecting some Threadloom Search customers due to significant growth in usage of Threadloom.

As a result, last week, we completed a series of search optimizations and infrastructure improvements. This included upgrading our clusters with additional memory, storage, and more than 10 times as many CPU cores.

As of Thanksgiving morning, the Search speed issue has been resolved. Our speed and availability have been at 100% since last Thursday. Affected sites should no longer see intermittent Search timeouts, and Search speeds should now be at least as fast – if not faster – for all Search customers.

Thank you for your patience and support.

Will start a listing in 2.x, but our addon does support Xenforo 2.1 beta, for those looking to upgrade and not lose the ability to search.

@threadloom
I previously had Threadloom enabled on a shared host and ran it and the sync function without any issues. That was the beta version for XF2. The latest stable version for XF2 (v.1.0.0), though, is apparently eating up a crazy amount of cpu time and and the host has twice had to kill all ongoing processes, since all sites on the server either won't load at all or load only very slowly until they do so. I've seen zero error messages on my end, but it doesn't happen with the sync disabled, does happen when it is enabled, so I think it's safe to say it's something to do with the sync cron. I would suspect it was just my shared server not having enough resources, if not for the fact that I synced the posts with the same settings using the beta version, on the same server. So of course I'm wondering if the problem is with this latest version. Have there been any similar reports....?

The other possibility is that it's some conflict with @ThemeHouse 's Topics addon, since I wasn't using it last time I was running Threadloom. I would have liked to try running Threadloom with the sync enabled one more time, but with Topics disabled, just to be sure, but unfortunately I got this little missive from my host after the last time:

Kindly leave the add-on disabled as there were consistent high CPU spikes at times after my reply yesterday. We had to migrate 2 other websites to another server after the resource usage spikes.

EDIT: Just got this response from host, if it's helpful at all:

We could only see a single PHP-FPM process owned by [my site] consuming over 90% CPU time and strace output for the process indicated retry / timeout behaviour.

Last edited:
@threadloom
I previously had Threadloom enabled on a shared host and ran it and the sync function without any issues. That was the beta version for XF2. The latest stable version for XF2 (v.1.0.0), though, is apparently eating up a crazy amount of cpu time and and the host has twice had to kill all ongoing processes, since all sites on the server either won't load at all or load only very slowly until they do so. I've seen zero error messages on my end, but it doesn't happen with the sync disabled, does happen when it is enabled, so I think it's safe to say it's something to do with the sync cron. I would suspect it was just my shared server not having enough resources, if not for the fact that I synced the posts with the same settings using the beta version, on the same server. So of course I'm wondering if the problem is with this latest version. Have there been any similar reports....?

The other possibility is that it's some conflict with @ThemeHouse 's Topics addon, since I wasn't using it last time I was running Threadloom. I would have liked to try running Threadloom with the sync enabled one more time, but with Topics disabled, just to be sure, but unfortunately I got this little missive from my host after the last time:
So I'm clear, we are talking for a XF 2.0 or XF 2.1 forum? So far we haven't had any other reports with 2.x, but when you mentioned shared setup, can you provide any details to what type of environment you are on? Feel free to provide this information via conversation if easier for you.

So I'm clear, we are talking for a XF 2.0 or XF 2.1 forum? So far we haven't had any other reports with 2.x, but when you mentioned shared setup, can you provide any details to what type of environment you are on? Feel free to provide this information via conversation if easier for you.
Conversation sent. Thank you

our addon does support Xenforo 2.1 beta...
Since upgrading to the 2.1 release candidate I've been getting this error when the "Sync updated posts" cron runs every hour:

ErrorException: Threadloom Error, sync halted. If this persists, please contact Threadloom support.
Error: failed due to db error: MySQL statement prepare error [1054]: Unknown column 'first_post_likes' in 'field list' src/XF/Error.php:75
Generated by: Unknown account Jan 20, 2019 at 9:48 AM

Stack trace
#0 src/XF.php(189): XF\Error->logError('Threadloom Erro...', false)
#1 src/addons/Threadloom/Search/Repository/Sync.php(100): XF::logError('Threadloom Erro...')
#2 src/addons/Threadloom/Search/Cron/Sync.php(10): Threadloom\Search\Repository\Sync->sync()
#3 [internal function]: Threadloom\Search\Cron\Sync::sync(Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#4 src/XF/Job/Cron.php(35): call_user_func(Array, Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#5 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(253): XF\Job\Cron->run(G)
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(195): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#7 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(79): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#8 job.php(42): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#9 {main}

Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(8) "/job.php"
["referrer"] => string(55) "https://bukowskiforum.com/admin.php?logs/server-errors/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Since upgrading to the 2.1 release candidate I've been getting this error when the "Sync updated posts" cron runs every hour:

ErrorException: Threadloom Error, sync halted. If this persists, please contact Threadloom support.
Error: failed due to db error: MySQL statement prepare error [1054]: Unknown column 'first_post_likes' in 'field list' src/XF/Error.php:75
Generated by: Unknown account Jan 20, 2019 at 9:48 AM

Stack trace
#0 src/XF.php(189): XF\Error->logError('Threadloom Erro...', false)
#1 src/addons/Threadloom/Search/Repository/Sync.php(100): XF::logError('Threadloom Erro...')
#2 src/addons/Threadloom/Search/Cron/Sync.php(10): Threadloom\Search\Repository\Sync->sync()
#3 [internal function]: Threadloom\Search\Cron\Sync::sync(Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#4 src/XF/Job/Cron.php(35): call_user_func(Array, Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#5 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(253): XF\Job\Cron->run(G)
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(195): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#7 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(79): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#8 job.php(42): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#9 {main}

Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(8) "/job.php"
["referrer"] => string(55) "https://bukowskiforum.com/admin.php?logs/server-errors/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

When you upgrade from 2.0.x to 2.1.x, please send us a helpdesk ticket, as we will need to change your forum schema. I'll put in the request for you, since you posted your forum url. Will follow up with the email on file.
For others seeing an error similar, we have a helpdesk article, in case you are upgrading from 1.5 as well.

Does the 2.1 plugin not support the upload via zip feature to install?

Could not process addon-threadloom-forumbamapolitics-1.0.0.zip: File does not appear to be a valid add-on archive as expected.

Does the 2.1 plugin not support the upload via zip feature to install?

Could not process addon-threadloom-forumbamapolitics-1.0.0.zip: File does not appear to be a valid add-on archive as expected.
Unfortunately, not at the moment. We are working on these small items now in preparation for 2.1.x final. Will be creating a dedicated 2.x product page when it does to keep you updated.

Top Bottom