Threadloom Search for XenForo 1.5.x [Deleted]

If the articles are showing up as posts, so long as the articles are either on a discrete path or contain a discrete text snippet, you can use Custom Search Tabs to search over them.

@ThemeHouse is pretty awesome – we'd love to make our stuff sing with all of their stuff. So far, we've updated to support their UI.X theme. It's been on my list to reach out to them.

If the articles are showing up as posts, so long as the articles are either on a discrete path or contain a discrete text snippet, you can use Custom Search Tabs to search over them.
I have try to add the articles but i only get this after search
upload_2017-6-27_8-24-19.webp

this is my Custom Search Tab:
upload_2017-6-27_8-24-7.webp

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-27_8-23-31.webp
    upload_2017-6-27_8-23-31.webp
    18.2 KB · Views: 3
I'm really happy with the search results.

The Image Search is great! But I just wish there was a way to refresh the image index faster (my understanding is this is limited from Microsoft's index update speed). I also find the white background margins to be very jarring on my dark theme - have been in contact via email and we may have an upcoming solution!

Also I agree with this:
What would be awesome is that somewhere in the search results you had a preview of the first 4 or 5 images from an image search embedded above or within the Posts results.
Including some of the image search results in the initial set of normal results would be fantastic...

The results page is powered by Threadloom, and that query is using the tag: operator to restrict results to content with that tag, e.g., wordpress.

Does anyone know if these guys are still actually in business? They haven't posted here or their blog or their Facebook or Twitter page for months, as best I can tell. Their XF2 search is still in beta and I've been waiting three days for the confirmation that their website says generally takes 6 to 12 hours. I did send them an email this morning, but I haven't heard back from them yet. I'm suspecting this is a business venture that maybe didn't go so well....

I believe so, although the social silence does seem odd.

They have a very smart team there and have VC funding. Perhaps they're keeping such a small team busy enough now that they're focussing on the product and support as opposed to social promotion these days. If you only messaged them this morning I'd give them a bit more time.

The last email I got from them was 2 months ago with a site update that seemed positive and reflective of growth.

Today, we launched a new look for the Threadloom portal. Threadloom's grown a lot since we launched last March, and the portal was long overdue for some UI love. Our main goal was to make it easier to configure settings for Search and Newsletter. Along the way, we also added some new Newsletter settings, like advanced exclusion lists.
Progress isn't always free, and this change isn't an exception. Because we updated the login infrastructure, the next time you log in, you'll need to verify your email address and reset your portal password. (This does not change your plug-in account name or access key.) If you run into any issues, drop our team a line at support@threadloom.com.
Once you kick the tires with the new portal, let me know what you think. I hope it works well for you.
Thanks,
Paul

I believe so, although the social silence does seem odd.

They have a very smart team there and have VC funding. Perhaps they're keeping such a small team busy enough now that they're focussing on the product and support as opposed to social promotion these days. If you only messaged them this morning I'd give them a bit more time.

The last email I got from them was 2 months ago with a site update that seemed positive and reflective of growth.
Well, I wouldn't normally be that concerned that I hadn't got an email reply yet - it was more all the other things on top of that. Seems strange that a business that depends on developing products for Xenforo and VB only (as far as I know) wouldn't post anything here for more than four months, never even bothering to add their 2.0 beta version to the resources here. But yeah, I'll just give it some more time. Not like I have much choice in the matter. ;)

Thanks.

Hi @imno007, sorry for the slow response. I sent you a private message to follow up on your account. We are very much still in business :) but have been a little absent on our social channels lately. @RobinHood has it right - we're a small team trying to get a lot done. We definitely will work harder to do a better job being present here and sharing updates!

Hi @imno007, sorry for the slow response. I sent you a private message to follow up on your account. We are very much still in business :) but have been a little absent on our social channels lately. @RobinHood has it right - we're a small team trying to get a lot done. We definitely will work harder to do a better job being present here and sharing updates!
I got it! All good now. Thank you. And it's reassuring to hear you guys are still active and working on things. (y)

Hi, looks like all xenForo 1.5 sites running Threadloom are missing formatting. This is happening on my site and the ones listed as examples in the resource info. I sent you an email but figured I should post here as well to let others know they're not the only ones being affected by this.

EDIT: Temporary fix - there's something wrong with how the CSS is being fetched, I think. As a workaround, create a new CSS template, paste in the contents of this CSS file, and add:
HTML:
<xen:require css="NAMEOFTHETEMPLATEYOUMADE.css" />
into the threadloom_community_search_results template.

If you aren't comfortable pasting in the contents of the CSS file on Pastebin, you can paste it in from the Threadloom site; however, the only difference are that one is formatted for human readability.

Last edited:
Hi, looks like all xenForo 1.5 sites running Threadloom are missing formatting. This is happening on my site and the ones listed as examples in the resource info. I sent you an email but figured I should post here as well to let others know they're not the only ones being affected by this.

This is happening on at least one of our sites as well but have not had time to troubleshoot. It doesn't happen in every browser but Chrome and Safari depending on the person seem to be triggers.

Edit: Howdy @dvsDave I see your site is still loading super fast :)

Glad to hear - it must be affecting only some then.

This is happening on at least one of our sites as well but have not had time to troubleshoot. It doesn't happen in every browser but Chrome and Safari depending on the person seem to be triggers.

Edit: Howdy @dvsDave I see your site is still loading super fast :)
I updated my post with a temporary fix. It looks like some sites aren't getting their CSS file properly.

Top Bottom