Threadloom Newsletter for XenForo 1.5.x [Deleted]

threadloom

threadloom submitted a new resource:

Threadloom Newsletter - Painless email newsletters. 10 minutes to setup, 10 minutes to curate, $10 per month.

Description

Threadloom Newsletter is a platform that enables you to easily send out smart email newsletters.

It uses machine learning to select your best content. This produces newsletters with higher click rates, and saves you time. You can send newsletters automatically, or create a review panel to curate them with Curation Assistant.

It takes 10 minutes to set up and 10 minutes to curate. Pricing starts at $10 per month for up to 10,000 contacts, and includes the following...

Read more about this resource...

Are there any callbacks in this add-on? If so, it should be documented with what information is being collected.

You say you won't share or sell content collected with this add-on, but you do collect and store this forum content data, right?

@SneakyDave:

1. Do you mean xen:callback? If so, we don't use the xen:callback infrastructure at this time. We use a cron to index post, thread, and user data. We listen to event hooks for posts/threads being saved for our real-time indexing pipeline. The cron can be rescheduled in cron entries, and the hooks can be turned off in AdminCP options.

2. You are correct on both counts: (a) we will never sell or share customer data, and (b) we build and sync a cloud index. For Threadloom Newsletter, this is what we run our machine learning algorithms on in order to construct a forum-specific model to select candidates for each issue.

I'll update the product description with more info to #1.

The fact that you're charging for the use of this add-on per month, and that registering on your site is required makes me believe that you are calling an API to your site to validate the license. If that's the case, it should be mentioned in the add-on description.

Thanks for the answer to the other question. How long do you keep this forum content? If the site shuts down, how soon would an admin expect that data to be purged from Threadloom?

I guess it's more of a question for all of your products

@SneakyDave: Ah, ok, I think I understand now. You're asking whether the plug-in uses any API calls, as opposed to xen:callback. Yes, it does make API calls, and not just for license verification, but also for indexing and retrieval, i.e., every time it returns search results. I'll update the description. Re: storage, for active users, we actively maintain their indices and migrate them as we upgrade servers. For lapsed customers, we periodically remove content, and if a customer emails with a request to immediately remove their content, we aim to remove it within 4 weeks (this is to accommodate for holiday schedules, i.e, if a request comes in on Dec. 23, and to make sure we have enough time to verify that the index is completely removed). In the off chance that the customer wants to reactivate a forum, there may be an additional fee for re-indexing the forum. Re: other policies, our terms (and community standards) are linked from our sign-up page. (We've updated this since we released Threadloom Search based on feedback from users like @AndyB and others who pointed out that certain parts read unclearly.)

Is this still supported?

Also, have these been implemented yet:

Planned features
  • Custom scheduling (Sept. 2017).
  • Segment builder (Oct. 2017).
  • Syncing of bounces to user state (Nov. 2017).
  • Integration with Threadloom List Builder (email opt-in forms) (Dec. 2017).

Thanks!
Ray

Is this still supported?

Also, have these been implemented yet:

Planned features
  • Custom scheduling (Sept. 2017).
  • Segment builder (Oct. 2017).
  • Syncing of bounces to user state (Nov. 2017).
  • Integration with Threadloom List Builder (email opt-in forms) (Dec. 2017).

Thanks!
Ray
Dont think so....the user has not even logged on since sept 2017

For those testing out Xenforo 2.1, we do support it with our 2.x version. Will be submitting the updated listing shortly, just wanted everyone to know not to worry about losing the ability to send Newsletters if they upgraded.

We are now offering the newsletter in alternative languages such as Albanian, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish.

To take advantage of these new languages for your newsletter, please drop us a line via our helpdesk.
Be sure to include your community name.

Top Bottom