1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thread title on creating new thread

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by ChipTz, Aug 7, 2010.

1. ChipTz

ChipTz Member

Not sure if I should post this on this forum or on the offtopic, just to tell I find amazing the thread title of the new thread you are creating being displayed also above as you type! Just great!

2. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

Yep, it's one great feature among many others included withing XF. And I'm sure there are still many in the way to come.

3. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I like it too. IF you're paying attention to it, you should be able to catch a typo, thus eliminating the need to edit your thread title. ;)

4. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

It will be great if there is a typo correction for the title. And switching the undercase of first letter of a word to uppercase.

5. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

I love this feature also.

6. Quillz

Quillz Well-Known Member

That's done via AJAX, right? It's pretty cool. XenForo seems to have several features that all work dynamically.

7. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

I think it's done via javascript alone and not ajax even thought they are one in the same.

8. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

I think this is better left to browsers to do this (and as far as I know most do already).

9. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

Yes, I know. But that does not work in thread titles. So ... :)

10. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

No point in doing to twice since the typo should be caught in the input field anyway, and if you correct it there it's fixed in the title preview.

One of the main reason why a built-in spell checker doesn't work so well is because of alternate languages. It would be insane to try and compile such huge lists for such a feature. ;) Might as well use what's already there.

11. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

Oh, no, You misunderstood me.
    What I meant is that the browser spell-checker is not working in the title field. And I only was wondering if there is a way to make it work. Not to have a built in spell-checker (although that might be nice ;)). :)

12. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

I generally make the thread title in the actual post to be sure it is spelled right, then copy/paste into the title.

13. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

I do the same from time to time. But it's better if it possible to have the spell-checker works in the title field. :)

14. Quillz

Quillz Well-Known Member

Really depends on the browser, I think. Hopefully updates to the major browsers will check all text fields, not just some.