Thread Stencil -- Default and customizable content for posts per forum [Deleted]

I think there is a small error. If the addon is disabled and a forum is edited without content to Thread Stencil saving will generate an error.

I now do not have access to the addon to confirm the error, can someone check this.

I think there is a small error. If the addon is disabled and a forum is edited without content to Thread Stencil saving will generate an error.

I now do not have access to the addon to confirm the error, can someone check this.
I'll look into this

@Dan What do I need to do in order to remove code that this add-on placed in my coding to be able to make new forum nodes on xf2+?

I'm getting this error when trying to make new forum nodes and it mentions "thread-stencil" in the error.

XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1364]: Field 'thread_stencil' doesn't have a default value in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 228
  1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 77
  3. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 94
  4. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 218
  5. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->insert() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1463
  6. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1195
  7. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1213
  8. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/XF/Mvc/FormAction.php at line 69
  9. XF\Mvc\FormAction->XF\Mvc\{closure}() in src/XF/Mvc/FormAction.php at line 187
  10. XF\Mvc\FormAction->run() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/AbstractNode.php at line 110
  11. XF\Admin\Controller\AbstractNode->actionSave() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 257
  13. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
  14. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
  15. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2191
  16. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 391
  17. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Reactions: LPH
@Dan What do I need to do in order to remove code that this add-on placed in my coding to be able to make new forum nodes on xf2+?

I'm getting this error when trying to make new forum nodes and it mentions "thread-stencil" in the error.

XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1364]: Field 'thread_stencil' doesn't have a default value in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 228
  1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 77
  3. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 94
  4. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 218
  5. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->insert() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1463
  6. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1195
  7. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1213
  8. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/XF/Mvc/FormAction.php at line 69
  9. XF\Mvc\FormAction->XF\Mvc\{closure}() in src/XF/Mvc/FormAction.php at line 187
  10. XF\Mvc\FormAction->run() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/AbstractNode.php at line 110
  11. XF\Admin\Controller\AbstractNode->actionSave() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 257
  13. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
  14. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
  15. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2191
  16. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 391
  17. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Did you find an answer?

I fixed this error by using phpMyAdmin, clicking the XF database, going into xf_forum -> structure -> drop thread_stencil from the database.

Last edited:
Did you find an answer?

I fixed this error by using phpMyAdmin, clicking the XF database, going into xf_forum -> structure -> drop thread_stencil from the database.

Hi, no I never did find the solution or help locating the problem. Unfortunately due to the issues I was having and a few other reasons (time), I closed the site down and did not renew my hosting.

I appreciate you sharing the fix though. Wish I had known this sooner lol.

Reactions: LPH
Top Bottom