Thread Starter Alerts [Deleted]

Xon

Xon submitted a new resource:

Thread Starter Alerts - Alerts from the Thread Starter

This is a formally private add-on, which has been used on Sufficient Velocity and Space Battles for nearly 2 years now.

For watchers of a thread, send alerts when the Thread starter/Original Poster replies to their thread with a post above a permission-based threshold for the thread starter
  • Opt-out for Thread Starter alerts.
  • Integration into Watched Threads email notifications...

Read more about this resource...

This just works in terms of posts/threads. Maybe in XF2.1 this can be revisited, but it would be a major overhaul of this add-on to change that

Time-frame wise, I'm expecting XF2.1 to be out before I have time to revisit this add-on in detail

Your requirement link is wrong, it still points to the XF 1 version

It should be

:)

Your requirement link is wrong, it still points to the XF 1 version

It should be

:)
Fixed the incorrect resource link

Last edited:
Xon updated Thread Starter Alerts with a new update entry:

2.0.7 - Bugfix update

• Allow editing "Thread Starter replies always alerts" option via admincp (fixes sv_always_alert_for_op being set to 0 in change log when saving a user)
  • Allow setting default "Thread Starter replies always alerts" for user registration.
  • Rename phrase thread_starter_replies_always_alert => sv_always_alert_for_op (Fixes unphrased variable name in change log)

Read the rest of this update entry...

This add-on was super close to what I needed! I can give my users the ability to control the alerts they receive much more now. Do you forsee in the future the ability to let the users decide when they watch if they want all alerts or just OP alerts? Or, perhaps, alert customization by node?

This add-on was super close to what I needed! I can give my users the ability to control the alerts they receive much more now. Do you forsee in the future the ability to let the users decide when they watch if they want all alerts or just OP alerts? Or, perhaps, alert customization by node?
You can customize it per thread somewhat.

I suggest to extend it on profile post, resources and media.
Resources are somewhat handled via my Collaborative Resources add-on, as it allows multiple people to update a resources as if they where the owner, and send alerts normally.

Profile posts don't make a huge amount of sense, and media it would come down to sending alerts when something is added to an album which I tough it did that?

if you mean emails, yeah that's pretty neat. I mostly just ask because my forum has a discord bot that sends alerts so users can determine more of what they want to see.

Top Bottom