1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on Thread Sort Order -Paid Request

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by tekgirl, Jan 3, 2012.

1. tekgirl

tekgirl Active Member

Has this been done yet? I need to be able to permanently have the threads sorted by newest or ascending/descending, rather than by time.

Thanks

2. ragtek

ragtek Guest

Do you still need this? (I'm asking because it was requested long time ago and maybe somebody coded this already for your^^)

3. tekgirl

tekgirl Active Member

I would still like this but gave up when no one responded :(

4. ragtek

ragtek Guest

If you still need it, should this be global, or do you want to be able to define the order for each forum in the options?

Attached Files:

5. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

I have the need to define *some* forums sort order as A-Z by title... would be nice to have [ a ] [ b ] [ c ] paging also... this was a great mod on vB but seeems it doesnt exist for xF yet which is a shame.[/B]

yavuz likes this.
  6. tekgirl

tekgirl Active Member

I would like to define sort order for each forum...some need to be sorted and others do not.

7. ragtek

ragtek Guest

oki doki:)

8. ragtek

ragtek Guest

just another question.

do you mean with permanently really permanently (user isn't able to change this via sort2.PNG ) or should he be still able to change this with this formular??? (which won't be saved. He can change it, then he'll get the custom sort order, but once he visits the page again, it will be again the sortorder which was set in the ACP )

9. ragtek

ragtek Guest

10. tekgirl

tekgirl Active Member

Hmmm....good question...if he doesn't change it, it will will remain as I have ordered it, correct? But if he changes it, then it will revert to the way XF currently does it?

Thanks

11. ragtek

ragtek Guest

no, but let's continue via conversation;) i'll send it to you and you can check it

12. ragtek

ragtek Guest

13. tekgirl

tekgirl Active Member

This is an awesome add-on and works exactly as it should!!! Thanks ragtek - awesome work!!!

ragtek likes this.
  14. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

Hey Ragtek,

Any ideas re #5 above?

15. ragtek

ragtek Guest

if, then it would be another add-on and not port of the sort order add-on

16. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

+ for this, I was using a mod with vB back in the time :D

17. ragtek

ragtek Guest

this..PNG this?

18. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

19. Ville

Ville Member

This is an old thread... but does anyone have the above mentioned extension saved? It's no longer in the resource library, and I'd like to look at the implementation. I'm moving form vB to XF, and would really like to have this option as it is extensively used on the old vB forum.

20. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Only the original author can (re)distribute it and it was deleted by the author.