Thread Level Permissions (AKA: Private Threads) [Deleted]

Snog updated Thread Level Permissions (AKA: Private Threads) with a new update entry:

Thread Level Permissions Update 1.0.2

An update to Thread Level Permissions has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Add - When add-on is disabled or uninstalled all private threads will be marked as moderated
  • Add - Option to remove moderation flag from all private threads if add-on is re-enabled
  • Fix - Private threads being improperly counted in Chris D's Unread Post Count add-on
  • Fix - Remotely possible permission problem with...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Can this be restricted to specific sub-forums? That would be the deal breaker for me with this add on. I think it's an awesome idea, but I don't want it as a global thing.

We're considering it for project groups, where we wouldn't have to create separate user groups and private forums. Just one private forum with the ability to restrict threads.

Can this be restricted to specific sub-forums? That would be the deal breaker for me with this add on. I think it's an awesome idea, but I don't want it as a global thing.

We're considering it for project groups, where we wouldn't have to create separate user groups and private forums. Just one private forum with the ability to restrict threads.
By using either node/user or node/usergroup permissions, yes it can be restricted to specific forums.

So if you wanted everyone to be able to post private threads in a specific forum, you would just give the registered usergroup permission to do so in that forum.

Snog updated Thread Level Permissions (AKA: Private Threads) with a new update entry:

Thread Level Permissions Update 1.0.3

An update to Thread Level Permissions has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Add - Support for XON's Multi Prefix add-on
  • Add - Style properties for private threads in thread list
  • Add - Option to list members able to view private thread in thread
  • Fix - Error with prefixes

Read the rest of this update entry...

Members Participating in This Thread: if member usergroup is admin, moderator etc to add custom color for it
I don't see that happening because the user's usergroups are not passed into the member list that's used there.

Last edited:
Hi Snog,

Could you please tell me if this is possible?

- I have a single sub-forum that is currently only viewable to registered users.

- I'm intending to make this sub-forum viewable by guests, but I would like to give thread owners the option to deny guest viewing by marking their thread private.

- All registered users including moderators (or specify by usergroup) should have access to view and reply to private threads.

- I don't need the Add Members box, I want that to apply to all registered users so the option would be confusing.. can I hide the box and change/remove the phrase 'Only people invited to participate in this thread can view it's contents' ? (Also, "it's" should not have an apostrophe.)

- I'd like the titles of the thread to still be viewable by those without permission to view the thread contents (preferably with the option to hide if needed in future). This is to give the incentive to guests to sign up in order to view the content.

I realise that for a guest to sign up and view private content is trivial, however the thread owners feel more comfortable knowing their content won't be picked up and archived by search engines etc.

Also does this work correctly with the site map and feeds?

Thanks.

Hi Snog,

Could you please tell me if this is possible?

- I have a single sub-forum that is currently only viewable to registered users.

- I'm intending to make this sub-forum viewable by guests, but I would like to give thread owners the option to deny guest viewing by marking their thread private.

- All registered users including moderators (or specify by usergroup) should have access to view and reply to private threads.

- I don't need the Add Members box, I want that to apply to all registered users so the option would be confusing.. can I hide the box and change/remove the phrase 'Only people invited to participate in this thread can view it's contents' ? (Also, "it's" should not have an apostrophe.)

- I'd like the titles of the thread to still be viewable by those without permission to view the thread contents (preferably with the option to hide if needed in future). This is to give the incentive to guests to sign up in order to view the content.

I realise that for a guest to sign up and view private content is trivial, however the thread owners feel more comfortable knowing their content won't be picked up and archived by search engines etc.

Also does this work correctly with the site map and feeds?

Thanks.
None of what you're looking to do is possible with this add-on.

And yes, it does work correctly with the site map and feeds.

If anyone is using Xon's Multi Prefix add-on and you see errors after upgrading Multi Prefix to 1.4.14a, put the site into debug mode and go to the development tab in the admin area, click on Code Event Listeners, and find this listener for Multi Prefix..

load_class_controller - XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum

And change it's execution order from 2379 to 1.

Top Bottom