Content BBCode

Content BBCode 2.0.0

No permission to download

Sim

Sim submitted a new resource:

[thread] and [post] BBCode - Adds support for vBulletin [thread] and [post] BBCode tags

This XenForo 2.0 addon adds [thread] and [post] BBCode tags.

This basically does the same job as @Xon's Thread & Post BB Code for XF2 addon - but mine is (deliberately) much less sophisticated and does no permission checking or thread/post lookups.

I've basically aimed to reproduce the original vBulletin (v3.8.x) functionality of simply rendering a link to...

Read more about this resource...

Looking at the way the redirects addon works - I'm assuming you've recently migrated from vBulletin, you've got the redirect addon to fix all links to old URLs and now you are hoping to use this addon to fix all old [thread] and [post] bbcodes in the same way?

That's not actually what this was intending to do - but I understand the issue. My addon assumes that content IDs were maintained when importing them, so it will automatically work. If that's not the case for you, it needs to be handled differently.

I can see two ways of dealing with this:

1. I create a new addon or add a flag to this existing addon which puts it in to "legacy redirect" mode and assumes that content ids in [thread] and [post] bbcodes refer to old content and needs to be redirected through the content map lookup.

The main issue with this approach is that it will only work for imported content and then any new use of [thread] and [post] by users won't work because it refers to real content ids, not legacy content ids.

2. I create some new tags along the lines of [vbthread] and [vbpost] which run the content ids through the content map lookup and then you run the Post Content Find / Replace tool to change all instances of [thread] and [post] to [vbthread] and [vbpost]

Breaks them how?

For example, without the addon the old vbulletin urls like:

http://xxx.xxx.com/threads/65427-Quiero-follarme-a-una-casada

redirects properly to

https://xxx.xxx.com/threads/quiero-follarme-a-una-casada.65427/

With this addon on i get url not found.

The thread and post bbcode works fine.

Hmm - I really don't understand how that can be happening - all my addon does is look for [thread] and [post] bbcodes.

I will try installing the redirect addon and see what happens.

@Rhodium are you able to find one of your posts which contains an old vBulletin URL which breaks when my addon is installed and edit the post to grab the raw code and then either paste it here or send me a private message.

I want to see exactly what's in the post so I can work out how my addon is affecting it.

@Rhodium are you able to find one of your posts which contains an old vBulletin URL which breaks when my addon is installed and edit the post to grab the raw code and then either paste it here or send me a private message.

I want to see exactly what's in the post so I can work out how my addon is affecting it.

Ok, sended :)

Sim updated [thread] and [post] BBCode with a new update entry:

v1.0.0a re-release

Same version, new addon_id.

If you already have v1.0.0 installed, there is no need to upgrade. There is no new functionality in v1.0.0a. New installations should use this v1.0.0a version to ensure compatibility with future releases.

Due to the change in addon_id, upgrading from v1.0.0 to v1.0.0a is not supported - but there is no data stored with this addon, so simply uninstalling v1.0.0 and removing the old addon files from the filesystem before installing v1.0.0a will be...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Sim FYI, if you dump a copy of your licence file into _no_upload folder, XF2's build system will put that into the root of the redistributable zip.

Note; my recent update basically fork-lift copies how you render/validate the bbCode, so I added you into the licence file :p

Top Bottom