XF 1.5 Thousands of returned emails each day

DaveL

Hi everyone, another issue i've been having for some time now which I think is time for me to try and solve!

In my spam box, some days I can have over 1000 returned emails.

This is an example of what I received this morning:

email.webp

Now it looks like a PM email that couldn't be delivered because i've gone over my email quota, however there is no way over 500 PM's are being sent an hour. This is quite a regular issue, almost daily.

Any tips or advice please?

Now it looks like a PM email that couldn't be delivered because i've gone over my email quota, however there is no way over 500 PM's are being sent an hour. This is quite a regular issue, almost daily.
You do need an email service provider because your current email service is not sufficient for large number of emails.

Don't forget that emails are sent for a lot of things:
  • Forum watching
  • Thread watching
  • New conversations/conversation replies
To everybody in a conversation/thread... If you have a really popular thread, with loads of people watching, every reply could send loads of emails, and if you have loads of replies an hour, it quickly adds up.

Liam

Don't forget that emails are sent for a lot of things:
  • Forum watching
  • Thread watching
  • New conversations/conversation replies
To everybody in a conversation/thread... If you have a really popular thread, with loads of people watching, every reply could send loads of emails, and if you have loads of replies an hour, it quickly adds up.

Liam

I didnt think of that until I went and had a look through a handful of the returned emails. They all seems to be conversation replies and thread watching ones.

Can anyone recommend mail relay service? Im on shared hosting and dont particularly want to move to a VPS as apart from the mail issue, everything seems ok.

There was me thinking 25,000 emails a month would be more then enough......until I spoke to my host!

Please bear in mind before changing anything, this month so far there have been 97000 successful emails sent for your domain and 10000 deferred or failed, 25000 is not going to be enough.

Can't believe my site gets through that many emails!

Top Bottom