1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Social Network Movie

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TheComputerGuy, Oct 1, 2010.

1. TheComputerGuy

TheComputerGuy Active Member

2. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

not sure, has anybody seen it already ?
    Is it "worth" it ?
  3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

if you don't mind the mixture and blurring of truth and fiction...
  4. CFodder

CFodder Well-Known Member

That would cover around 99% of movies out there ;)
  5. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Down to 98% on the RT scale :) Excellent considering they are around 90 reviews and counting. And no not planning to go see it, though it probably wont get a cinema release Down Under as it wont appeal to our film goers.

Ouch "The Last Airbender" is at 6%, which reminds must check the overnight box office figures ....
  6. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to seeing Jesse Eisenbergs's performance. He did an excellent job in Zombieland movie. Besides, kudos to the screenwriters, producers, studio execs, actors and the crew for making Mark Zuckerberg, deFacebook founder, shell out $100 millions for a donation stint called "Saving MY Face and Grace". :)
  7. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

Thats 6% then it should have been :p.

I won't see the movie.
    Jethro likes this.
  8. TheComputerGuy

TheComputerGuy Active Member

I will see it, it still has a 100% from all the major critics....the minor ones drag it to 97%

I can't wait for it tomorrow night.
  9. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

I don't use Facebook and couldn't care less about it or its founders, so... no.
    Forsaken likes this.
  10. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Just got back from seeing it... Brilliant movie.

Very "talkie" so ironically the typical FB user will probably hate it, but it is a great piece of cinema, and a really interesting insight into the Founder of FB.

As someone who lives in Geekdom it is really cool to see it portrayed on the big screen, and done actually quite well.

Aspies FTW lol.
  11. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

I'm interested in seeing it, but I'll probably wait until it hits my Netflix ;)
  12. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Definately worth catching if you like Geeks and are interested in the history (even very recent history) of the Internet.
  13. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Define "major critic", we may have very different views on that one, for example I think Egbert needs a baseball bat to the head.

Moving along ....

Saw it last night, Director is David Fincher (Alien 3, Se7en, Zodiac, amongst others) so you know you are in for a good time. Don't think it's going major down under considering the number of people checking their cell phones during the movie, clearly FB users who didn't get what they expect, but a wide sweep of demographics. Probably can wait on rental release as it's pretty much a lot of talking.
    Dragonfly and Anthony Parsons like this.
  14. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Thanks. I was curious what your opinion was.
  15. AnthonyCea

AnthonyCea Well-Known Member

Great movie for geeks for sure !!

But where is the forum world movie ?

With the drama we have seen of late it would make a great horror movie !!
  16. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

Yep... think I'll be waiting for it on Foxtel demand / Apple TV.
  17. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Active Member

I saw this a couple weeks ago, for one reason only, Aaron Sorkin was involved. The man is a film (and TV) god as far as I'm concerned, and his work is always entertaining and unique. Wha'd I think of it? Well, obviously it wasn't all true, but it was very entertaining and informative. Of course, I don't buy everything 100% the movies (or TV) tells me, so I did some research on it before and after.

Going by the previews, I never would have seen it. I'm thankful that I did give it a chance, because it was definitely interesting. Not a documentary, but not intended to be one
  18. Programmer

Programmer New Member

It was boring.

A documentary would've been better.
  19. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Well-Known Member

20. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

That's a pretty emphatic No there Jon, I wonder what it's aimed at :p
    jonsidneyb likes this.