The Pet Board - Where Pet Owners Meet.

#1) Xenforo - awesome choice !! :cool:
#2) I like the logo.
#3) The overall colouring seems a bit off (opinion). I suspect Shelley will not like it. I know nothing about colours.
#4) get XenPorta ASAP ! As well, please Jaxel release a Killer articles addon. PLEASE !
#5) What about some media ? XenMedio ?

My cockapoo we got from the Humane Society 8 years ago ($free) just had an ACL repair ($2500) . It's post op day 14 and she's doing well.

thepetboard.com.aug4.2011.webp

We have XenPortal... what exactly is Xenmedio?

We want to change our colors to a bit more like petco/petsmart with the rich reds and blues... still working on it :) Please feel free to register and post, having some content will really help us out when we launch and advertise on facebook. Our goal is to have 50,000 members in 6 months.

I was just going to say, the red on the category strips needs to be redder - or more red - whatever. The gradient always tends to lighten up a color.
Also don't forget to change the forum status icons. They don't match the color scheme.

LOVE the rest of it. Very nice.

I think the design is coming along great; gives me some ideas to play with (like the body background image, etc.). The only thing I'd mention is that your current portal module layout seems to have a lot of white space at the bottom of the right sidebar. Maybe move some of the modules from the bottom left to the bottom right sidebar?

Ok I have added more modules but tried to keep it clean... I still feel like it is missing something designwise... any thoughts or tips??? THANKS!

I like the Xenporta landing page much bettter.
The prominent Facebook and Twitter Feeds look great.

What kind of unique content are you going to create ?

Are the new modules viewable by guests? Seems to be the same from the last time I visited. :coffee:

Should be... I added Recent Media and Adsense blocks to the right side... I want to figure out how to do random or recent pictures on the right also... anyone have a good mod for that which works with xenporta?

I like the Xenporta landing page much bettter.
The prominent Facebook and Twitter Feeds look great.

What kind of unique content are you going to create ?

For the slider we plan on doing articles about pet food, pet care tips, possibly charity drives, and are open to other ideas...

I've been enjoying what you've done here, and it doesn't make my eyes bleed. :)

I'd enjoy seeing the front page also updated with recent news. Have you considered a dedicated forum for people to post and discuss pet-related news stories? There's so many of those every day, would be nice to compile those together from various off-site feeds and post a handful of the more interesting ones you (or others) find each day from various news outlets.. Just an idea.

I have had a hard time getting the slider to automatically update on a forum like that... is there a tutorial anywhere that shows the steps to do that?

We have added a few new features and tweaks... I would LOVE suggestions on other add ons that would look great and add functionality to our site!!!

I like that MUCH better...

Perhaps for some contrast, you can consider making the background pattern blue with white pawprints as opposed to using so much white on both the background and inner tables?

Top Bottom