The Geek District

My first impressions are you have a nice logo and it's a good use of colour (very minty). As with so many other forums I think changing the forum icons from the speech bubbles to something related to your subject would set it off nicely :)

I'm not sure which skin is supposed to be the main skin? Or isn't there one? When I clicked on your link, I was shown the minecraft skin, and I thought oh no no NO! lol

My only suggestion is to change out that orange category strip on the Flexile light skin.
I also don't like those particular speech bubbles, but that's just a matter of preference. I think they're too large.
You might like to use these, which Shelley made by request, for my forum. http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-styled-forum-status-icons.7744/page-3#post-208782

Of perhaps you could find some computer icons? Or have someone make you some code-type icons.

Other than those 2 things. I like the site, and LOVE your logo.

Nice one Mikey
Also mybee delete the "The Geek District" on the forums page? its already the title for SEO
It looked out of place on my forum but anyway just a thought :)
Hmm, just tried that with inspect element and it looks ok, where's that tutorial on how to remove it just from the forums page again?
My first impressions are you have a nice logo and it's a good use of colour (very minty). As with so many other forums I think changing the forum icons from the speech bubbles to something related to your subject would set it off nicely :)
I'm not sure which skin is supposed to be the main skin? Or isn't there one? When I clicked on your link, I was shown the minecraft skin, and I thought oh no no NO! lol

My only suggestion is to change out that orange category strip on the Flexile light skin.
I also don't like those particular speech bubbles, but that's just a matter of preference. I think they're too large.
You might like to use these, which Shelley made by request, for my forum. http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-styled-forum-status-icons.7744/page-3#post-208782

Of perhaps you could find some computer icons? Or have someone make you some code-type icons.

Other than those 2 things. I like the site, and LOVE your logo.
The minecraft skin was for you because i linked it for you as a demo in that skin thread ;) Flexile Green is the default. I'll look into changing the orange.

The logo does look very nice but the reflection at the bottom get's cut off sharply, It'll look much better if it gradually faded which can be done using masking and a gradient overlay.

The minecraft skin was for you because i linked it for you as a demo in that skin thread ;) Flexile Green is the default. I'll look into changing the orange.

I get the minecraft skin too.. and it really looks out of place imho.

Hmm, just tried that with inspect element and it looks ok, where's that tutorial on how to remove it just from the forums page again?

In the template "forum_list" remove the code between the
Code:
<xen:h1>
tags at the top :)

Can you try the forum status icons below Mikey? Just to see how they'll look on your site. I think with the touch of grey they will look better and offer up a temp solution until something better comes along.

Attachments

• forum-unread.webp
    forum-unread.webp
    826 bytes · Views: 2
  • forum-read.webp
    forum-read.webp
    828 bytes · Views: 2
Can you try the forum status icons below Mikey? Just to see how they'll look on your site. I think with the touch of grey they will look better and offer up a temp solution until something better comes along.
They will look great. It's what I have on my site.
Mikey I made a "green" folder inside the Flexile/xenforo/widgets directory on my server, uploaded them there, they changed the path in the acp.

Top Bottom