The Elder Scrolls Online release date announced; & New Trailer

Wing

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well, the announcement is final for release. Its going to be interesting seeing how this long awaited title turns out, as the Elder Scrolls FIRST MMORPG!

In a blog post, director Matt Firor announced the release date and gave some more detail on the progress of the game’s beta test:

"We’ve had approximately 4 million people sign up for beta and that number continues to grow. We hope that just about every one of you who have signed up for beta will get an invitation to play sometime between now and the weeks before launch. These tests are very important, not only for gameplay feedback, but also to test our infrastructure. Beta tests can sometimes be a little rough when we are testing some systems for the first time with large numbers of players. So thank you to all who have participated for your understanding and support. It is very much appreciated."

Recent attempts by major gaming companies to go up against World of Warcraft have had mixed results, with Age of Conan and Star Wars: The Old Republic both converting to largely free-to-play models despite strong brands. Like The Old Republic, The Elder Scrolls Online will be set in the relative past of the action of the current, single-player Elder Scrolls role-playing games.

More info here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/danieln...-elder-scrolls-online-release-date-announced/

What are your thoughts of this new title? Are you planning on looking into this new Elder Scrolls game?
My experience with Bethesda games, is that they have always been well planned out. And you can tell the developer ACTUALLY took their time in development of the game. Should be a great title... although I am not so frilled with the price tag. :cautious:

This is a Zenimax made game, not Bethesda - they are just the publisher in this case.

Also, I think you should really go and read up on folks who have played the beta before making any decisions on playing.

This is a Zenimax made game, not Bethesda - they are just the publisher in this case.

Also, I think you should really go and read up on folks who have played the beta before making any decisions on playing.

Thanks for the clarification, and I agree with what you said about reading reviews. Although the game is still a work in progress, and is currently beta until later next year. So it may be to early to judge considering a "beta" is for testing purposes...

Anytime I see the name "Bethesda" I see the word "Bugs".
Wouldn't mind giving this game a try though, at some point.

The game worlds in Bethesda games hold much more scripting then majority of games. I agree there have been some bugs in the past, but for how large the games are... It's really not to bad. Nor have there been any game wrecking errors.

Also, by today's standards... What game does ship without any bugs?

Comparing something like a bug filled BF4 to Elder Scrolls should still go to show some descent build quality.

The Elder Scrolls Online
Zenimax Online Studios announced the early-access and launch times for The Elder Scrolls Online, which launches on PC and Mac on April 4.

The launch time is pegged to midnight in the United Kingdom, which means North American gamers will be able to play beginning at 7 p.m. ET on April 3.

Those with five-day early access, given with a preorder of the digital edition directly from Bethesda's online store, will begin Sunday, March 30 at these times:

• North America: 7 a.m. ET.
  • United Kingdom and Ireland: 12 p.m. WET.
  • Central Europe: 1 p.m. CET.
  • Australia: 10 p.m. AET.
  • Singapore: 7 p.m. SGT.
Three-day early access, given to those who preordered the game from a retailer, will begin Tuesday, April 1 at these times:

Finally, The Elder Scrolls Online will launch on these dates and times:

• North America: 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, April 3.
  • United Kingdom and Ireland: 12 a.m. WET on Friday, April 4.
  • Central Europe: 1 a.m. CET on Friday, April 4.
  • Australia: 10 a.m. AET on Friday, April 4.
  • Singapore: 7 a.m. SGT on Friday, April 4.

The Elder Scrolls Online
Zenimax Online Studios announced the early-access and launch times for The Elder Scrolls Online, which launches on PC and Mac on April 4.

The launch time is pegged to midnight in the United Kingdom, which means North American gamers will be able to play beginning at 7 p.m. ET on April 3.

Those with five-day early access, given with a preorder of the digital edition directly from Bethesda's online store, will begin Sunday, March 30 at these times:

Three-day early access, given to those who preordered the game from a retailer, will begin Tuesday, April 1 at these times:

Finally, The Elder Scrolls Online will launch on these dates and times:

• North America: 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, April 3.
  • United Kingdom and Ireland: 12 a.m. WET on Friday, April 4.
  • Central Europe: 1 a.m. CET on Friday, April 4.
  • Australia: 10 a.m. AET on Friday, April 4.
  • Singapore: 7 a.m. SGT on Friday, April 4.

Appreciate the update on this (y)
Look forward to it!

Top Bottom