The best webmasters in XenForo.com

soloarquitectura

This is impressive!
Already I know that I am not the first one who says it, but I see the best administrators / webmasters of Internet, giving ideas and betting for XenForo.
This smells to success or we are all wrong?

Don't know if I am one of the best :p, but I can tell you... I certainly try to do my best. Thanks to the efforts of my team and me and not to forget the excellent solid vB 3.8 package, we now run one of the most successful vBulletin-powered platform in The Netherlands (5 million hits per month and counting...). As a long standing vBulletin enthusiast I became very upset with Internet Brands and thus the future of vBulletin. The future of vBulletin also affects the future/success of my website, logically. I have lost a huge amount trust and faith by now and I think XenForo is definitely capable of providing us what Internet Brands failed and fails to do on many levels.

Although I am unable to switch to XenForo (due to functionality missing), it certainly looks (and feels!) very promising. I am happy for so many customers that there is now a serious alternative, if you do not want to go for Invision, for whatever reason.

As a long standing vBulletin enthusiast I became very upset with Internet Brands and thus the future of vBulletin. The future of vBulletin also affects the future/success of my website, logically. I have lost a huge amount trust and faith by now and I think XenForo is definitely capable of providing us what Internet Brands failed and fails to do on many levels.
Same story here, exactly.

Likewise.

We may not be able to move to XF immediately for the same basic reasons as Grover, but I WILL be buying a copy ASAP and installing it on our testbed so we can start hashing out the migration and integration styling issues NOW. That way as soon as we have a solution for the blogs and gallery, BAM we're on XF and never looking back.

Galleries is likely to be our stumbling block, Blogs we'll be looking to either shift into forum threads (we already have a thread based blog that was resurrected when vBlogs invisibility was such a resounding FAIL), or possibly look at moving from WP as a component in J! to full blown WP 3 and have the vBlogs port over as new WP blogs now that WP and WPMU are essentially merged. Our photoplog gallery system is a major part of the site though, and I'm not sure how we're going to be able to handle that until there's a good XF based gallery solution.

I will move or die :)

Maybe not on the first day though. Oh, and I am the worlds worst webmaster by the way. I am not even a webmaster....just a forum owner.

I don't feel myself as "one of the best webmasters in the world" because, well, I'm the best webmaster in the world!

Okay just kidding :D

It's EOL btw, end of life. Makes much more sense :p

And I think of myself as a decent but not great webmaster. I'm more into the coding junk ^^

...if you do not want to go for Invision, for whatever reason.

IMO:

phpBB, IPS, IB, and the rest are basically all the same when you average out all the pros, cons, likes, and dislikes.

XenForo is different. It feels different. And to be honest I don't think it can be classified with any other forum solution, free or otherwise.

It's hard to put your finger on the why, and I bet there are many people here who can feel it too.

I like it for it's clean simplicity. That is why I am hoping that even in the basic version some of the features are plug ins that can be removed if you don't want the feature and put back if you change your mind later. I want to keep it simple and easy to use and add things on an as need basis.

IMO:

phpBB, IPS, IB, and the rest are basically all the same when you average out all the pros, cons, likes, and dislikes.

XenForo is different. It feels different. And to be honest I don't think it can be classified with any other forum solution, free or otherwise.

It's hard to put your finger on the why, and I bet there are many people here who can feel it too.

I would say the difference is elegance. Elegance is something that is difficult to implement and often gets lost to feature creep. There is obviously great care being invested in every feature of XF. Kier once told me that user experience is everything. That explains XF.

What most impresses me is how they have managed to preserve a superior user experience without sacrificing power and functionality. Many applications will simply remove or hide features from the user and call it user-friendly. Kier and Mike seem to have rejected that compromise. What is that saying... have your cake and eat it too?

Kier once told me that user experience is everything.
I have tried to explain exactly this the last year(s) to vBulletin: almost all of my suggestions are based on the UI/UX. Here it comes: when I look at and use XenForo, it seems that almost every aspect I thought was bad (and suggested countless of times to be improved) in the UI/UX of vBulletin... has... been... solved. You wonder why all this was not possible the last couple of years in vBulletin? This is how vBulletin 4 should have been...

What a refreshing breath of air this XenForo... on many levels.

What most impresses me is how they have managed to preserve a superior user experience without sacrificing power and functionality. Many applications will simply remove or hide features from the user and call it user-friendly. Kier and Mike seem to have rejected that compromise. What is that saying... have your cake and eat it too?

Very well said.

IMO:

I have to disagree to a degree. wWhilst they all have a common solution, they have different markets, and, thus adapt different to these markets. For example, with vBulletin, the software seems to be leaning over into the corporate side. This is shown through what I see, the unintuitive interface, and wierd colours.

XenForo is more user-based, placing an emphasis on user interface, and interoperability. The software is using modern web technologies, such as HTML5, in parapitem closure, to create an ideal solution, which is: easy to use, aesthetically pleasing, ergonomically pleasing, whilst not sacrificing function.

Additionally, the software is dependant on well-maintained external sources, such as TinyMCE. I have yet to see a forum using TinyMCE as their main RTE mechanism in posting content.

I think XenForo can be classed as a forum software, and although the same genus as vBulletin, IP.B and the like, it builds on the current data available.

Top Bottom