The 4th Amendment to The Constitution goes bye-bye

Adam Howard

2 days ago The United States Supreme Court ruled that police (cops) can forcefully enter into your home without a warrant. Today The Indiana Supreme Court ruled that police / cops can enter into your home without cause or reason and you CAN NOT resist them.

I'm surprised there has not be much media coverage on this. I really wonder if American's really do value their rights as much as many of us say we do.

"The Supreme Court on Monday gave police more leeway to break into residences in search of illegal drugs.

The justices in an 8-1 decision said officers who loudly knock on a door and then hear sounds suggesting evidence is being destroyed may break down the door and enter without a search warrant"

Gets interesting on page 23: http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/10pdf/09-1272.pdf

Imagine this if you will...

Yell: I'm in the bathroom (flush)
*door gets kicked in*

Yell: I'm putting on some pants
*door gets kicked in*

Old lady in a walker = Yell: I'm coming...
*door gets kicked in*

"NDIANAPOLIS | Overturning a common law dating back to the English Magna Carta of 1215, the Indiana Supreme Court ruled Thursday that Hoosiers have no right to resist unlawful police entry into their homes.

In a 3-2 decision, Justice Steven David writing for the court said if a police officer wants to enter a home for any reason or no reason at all, a homeowner cannot do anything to block the officer's entry."

And now it's basically legal for the police to come in your home for any reason or no reason and yet you can not do anything about it.

Nuts I see videos all the time of your "police" beating down people all over for no reason..
Am sure I'll see videos on this soon
Crazy old world

Nuts I see videos all the time of your "police" beating down people all over for no reason..
Am sure I'll see videos on this soon
Crazy old world

But that's only in Texas where goddamit there's a special place in hell for those who can't get to their doors in time.

I don't think you have anything to worry about Jethro... its like that in most countries already, and police don't come near you for the sake of it... you have to have done something wrong. About time the US police got some powers... if a police officer in Australia approaches you on duty, you must comply with them otherwise it is an offence. All these laws are part of Australia already, so they can do their job. Again though... police here don't enter or approach someone unless they've done something wrong.

Its not uncommon to get off a train or be walking through the city, and see police with sniffer dogs. For those not carrying drugs, you don't have an issue... for those using or carrying drugs, you will soon have an issue! Again... don't do illegal things here, you won't even know the police are there. Do illegal things... you will know all about it quick enough.

More laws for police IMO.

Dirty cops need to be sorted out within their departments... that sounds like something that no amendment is going to fix for you, but more something you need to take up with police corruption organisations.

Well that stinks... And I'm going to completely agree with Peggy on this one. One of the things the United States was built on is freedom. The only reason the Constitution was ever ratified is because they added the Bill of Rights(amendments 1-10).

I can see where that'd be helpful, but for those who haven't done anything it hurts. Plus I definitely agree with Peggy about the "dirty" cops. One of the reasons they are "dirty" still is because they haven't been caught. Now they can just do what they want for who ever and the law backs them up for it.

I'd imagine that eventually there WILL be a lawsuit over this when a cop takes it one step too far, just my opinions. I'm all for cops thought but not at taking away my freedoms.

Dirty cops need to be sorted out within their departments... that sounds like something that no amendment is going to fix for you, but more something you need to take up with police corruption organisations.

Been done. Many times. Unfortunately, the problem still exists.

"and then hear sounds suggesting evidence is being destroyed" I wonder how many cops are going to claim the dog barking is destroying evidence.

My worry is a no knock entry will occur and a dog will get shot then later finding out there was no reason to enter the home.

// police don't come near you for the sake of it... you have to have done something wrong

Anyone remember Hitler and the SS?

A brief recent history of my state via license plates
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Connecticut_Constitution
76.gif
1987.webp
1996.webp
2002.webp
2005.webp
Connecticut_Commercial_license_plate.webp

OHH HELL NO THEY DIDN'T

It seems to me that there is a whole lot of room for mistakes with this. People are going to take advantage of it, and there is going to be nothing we'll be able to do about it. I don't care if you "think" you have probable cause to enter my house, you won't. Period.

I obey the law, and there is no reason for anyone to forcibly enter my house. Plain and simple. Those of us who have nothing to hide are the one on the losing end.

Not to mention don't you think some of these people that maybe don't want to go to prison will be waiting for there cops to just enter their place? I mean if I didn't have a safe place to hide whatever I might be doing illegally, I wouldn't do it. But not others, they'll just have a back up plan, just in case. Which definitely could include violence.

Bill of what?

The only bill The Government is good at is the one they send out on April 15th for taxes and all the many fess, fines, and other charges they can add on through out the year.

I have not seen so many "laws" passed or attempted to be passed since 9/11. This year they've taken it to new highs in trying to bring down our rights & "control" the people.

Of course this thread is a prime example on why they want to further censor The Internet. Online it doesn't matter my age, sex, race, or income... I have a voice. You have a voice. We all have a voice. They want to take away that voice.

No, I'm not anti-American. I'm anti what it is today.

Top Bottom