thank you for xenforo

Ralf

I`m a vbulletin user since 10 years or so, maybe longer.
but 2010 i bought Xenforo for my premium community.

And today, after one or two glasses of wine, I tried my first xenforo update.
Without any errors or so. Just perfect.
It is - really - a fantastic software.

Thanky your very much :cool:
It was one of my best decisions to buy xenforo.

I`m a vbulletin user since 10 years or so, maybe longer.
but 2010 i bought Xenforo for my premium community.

It is - really - a fantastic software.

Thanky your very much :cool:
It was one of my best decisions to buy xenforo.
Welcome to a better tomorrow :)

I agree that XenForo's team (@Kier @Mike @Ashley ) have done an outstanding job. It just simply works.

I'm very happy to see this kind of threads which reflects the confidence that users have on XenForo. The developers deserve this kind of opinions due they're doing a magnificent job

I think it was the wine that did the "magic thing" :LOL:

Jokes apart, in the same boat, with a large and old vB forum in the verge of migration. No goin' back, just taking time to convert all that "old things" we do along the years.

I'd like to agree - Well done XenForo!

For those interested in history...

My Forums started life on a UK system called Prestel/Micronet 800 as "PC Support" mainly dealing with the Original IBM PC and then the Amstrad PC's. It was updated at 300 baud using a Sinclair Spectrum. The actual service ran at 1200/75. We provided 'telesoftware' as well as online help via messages and answers that were formed up into something like a forum. Many of our members from back then are still with us.

Then we moved to Telecom Gold, and then after that to Microlink. Then to CompuServe where we operated the UK Forums, with many millions of messages. Later AOL took over and we continued to operate the forums. We eventually moved our community to the Internet as it had started by then. We also had our own BBS system running in the early days, called Direct-Line. We eventually sold the name. Direct-Line ran on Wildcat! BBS software from the great Mustang Software. It had 13 lines and ISDN and was setup as a large Novell Network of 14 Amstrad PCs in my dining room.

Our system on the Internet was based around vBulletin as it seemed the No1 software of its type at the time and their people seemed really on the ball. We had several systems running it. In recent times things seem to have changed, and so here we are now. We just closed our community vBulletin system and we are working hard to create a new system using XenForo in the background. For now we are just running a basic Xenforo site to keep people in touch while we work on the new site.

So, 30 years of operating forums/an online community, and I have chosen XenForo!

Any wishes with XenForo, well I'd love to see a special offer announced on the Branding Removal option. We are telling everyone what we are using and looking at the source shows it instantly but I do dislike branding at the bottom of every page, it always seems to make the pages look less clean.

Final thought, how about us forum operators arranging some XenFests where we and our members can get together for food and drink and to discuss all things connected with XenForo? I've attended Sysop/Member meets across the UK, Europe, and the USA, and they can be a lot of fun.

Keep up the good work XenForo!

Steve

Top Bottom