[TH] XenBlog [Deleted]

I am looking for xfa better blogs users who want support a migration script to xen blogs. We need 10 users who want to convert joining in with $10. I am the first one, so there are 9 more users needed. :)

Please contact me if interested.

I'll be looking to do so at some point, but I'll need to buy the Xen Blogs licence first.

At the moment I'm waiting for the release of xf 1.5 before upgrading legacy plugins.

Am I seeing it correctly that you actually do not have user blogs but just blog posts?
Or can a user create a blog name whereas all blog posts from a certain user will show?

The blog addon should have the following features:
- each user should be able to create a name & description for his blog where all his blog posts are stored
- each user blog should have an identifiable URL (e.g. http://www.domain.com/blogs/username)
- link to 'My blog' on the main blog site within the navigation section

Features which would be nice but not mandatory:
- users can customize their blog by adding a custom header image
- users can add sidebar blog rolls (links from friend blogs)

Am I seeing it correctly that you actually do not have user blogs but just blog posts?
Or can a user create a blog name whereas all blog posts from a certain user will show?
From what I can ascertain, admin creates categories and users create blog content under those categories. Blog displaying is about aggregating users posts/content under the blog categories. Effectively, creating a forum node and creating topics/threads within that node.

The blog addon should have the following features:
- each user should be able to create a name & description for his blog where all his blog posts are stored
- each user blog should have an identifiable URL (e.g. http://www.domain.com/blogs/username)
- link to 'My blog' on the main blog site within the navigation section

Features which would be nice but not mandatory:
- users can customize their blog by adding a custom header image
- users can add sidebar blog rolls (links from friend blogs)

Thank you for your suggestions. When you say, "each user should be able to create a name", can you please tell me what you mean by name? Do you mean as in title? If so, then users can create titles when adding a blog in the current version. Regarding the description, I will add it in the next version. Regarding the identifiable URL, that is not something that I am planning to include it, but I can add it for you as custom work. Regarding your last suggestion, I will add it as well.

Hello Borbole, I am considering recommending this addon to a client. My only concern, given that the previous two blog addons (XI Blog and Better Blogs) both have been abandoned, what are your long term plans with the addon.

Regards,
- Sadik

Hello Borbole, I am considering recommending this addon to a client. My only concern, given that the previous two blog addons (XI Blog and Better Blogs) both have been abandoned, what are your long term plans with the addon.

Regards,
- Sadik

I will keep maintaining and upgrading this add for all upcoming xenforo versions. i.e. It will be fully supported.

Also your demo site is down, which does not help.

I let my domain expire as the forum was dead. I will set up a live demo as soon as I can. In meanwhile you can view the screeshots, and if you would have any additional questions please let me know.

Thank you Borbole. If all goes well (the client agrees! ;)) I will (or my client will) make this purchase in a couple of days. But for all the hard work you have done in making the addon, you really need to have a demo site up. :)

Regards

Hey @borbole we wanted the ability to use users about section in the blog template itself but you were not querying the xf_user_profile table with the blog view so I had to add it to your Borbole_AdminBlogs_Model_Blog

PHP:
/**
     * Gets added individual blogs.
     */
    public function getBlogsByBlogId($blogId)
    {
        return  $this->fetchAllKeyed('
            SELECT blogs.*,
                 cat.category_id, cat.category_name,
                user.*,
                user_profile.*
            FROM xf_blog AS blogs
            LEFT JOIN xf_blog_category AS cat
                ON (cat.category_id = blogs.category_id)
            LEFT JOIN xf_user AS user
               ON (user.user_id = blogs.user_id)
            LEFT JOIN xf_user_profile AS user_profile ON
                        (user.user_id = user_profile.user_id)
            WHERE blogs.blog_id = ' . $this->_getDb()->quote($blogId) . '
            ORDER BY blogs.start_date DESC
        ', 'blog_id');

}

Maybe you might want to add that in your self as well because I think people may want to pull other parts of the user_profile into their templates. In our case we make an author block at the bottom of our post template.

Template Modification for members tabs ran into an id conflict with your addon and some of my JS.

Code:
<xen:hook name="member_view_tabs_content" params="{xen:array 'user={$user}'}" />

<li id="reviews" class="profileContent" data-loadUrl="{xen:link members/blogs, $user}">
    <span class="jsOnly">{xen:phrase loading}...</span>
    <noscript><a href="{xen:link members/blogs, $user}">{xen:phrase view}</a></noscript>
</li>

Not sure why you had an id="reviews" but maybe you might want to change the id to better fit the type of block it is associated to. In my case I changed it to articles but you could default this to blogs or something of the sort.

Here is a bug fix for your rebuildIndex() in Borbole_AdminBlogs_Search_DataHandler_Blog

Here is the original
PHP:
    /**
     * Rebuilds the index for a batch.
     * @see XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Abstract::rebuildIndex()
     */
    public function rebuildIndex(XenForo_Search_Indexer $indexer, $lastId, $batchSize)
    {
        $blogs = $this->_getBlogModel()->getBlogIdsInRange($lastId, $batchSize);

if (!$getBlogModels)
        {
            return false;
        }

$this->quickIndex($indexer, $blogs);

return max($blogs);
    }

Here is the fix. All that needed to be replace was variable $getBlogModels to $blogs

PHP:
    /**
     * Rebuilds the index for a batch.
     * @see XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Abstract::rebuildIndex()
     */
    public function rebuildIndex(XenForo_Search_Indexer $indexer, $lastId, $batchSize)
    {
        $blogs = $this->_getBlogModel()->getBlogIdsInRange($lastId, $batchSize);

if (!$blogs)
        {
            return false;
        }

$this->quickIndex($indexer, $blogs);

return max($blogs);
    }

I think it would be helpful if you put the XF compatible info in your overview.
By looking at the overview, cant really tell what versions of XF this addon will work with.

Thank-You

I think it would be helpful if you put the XF compatible info in your overview.
By looking at the overview, cant really tell what versions of XF this addon will work with.

Thank-You

I had forgetton about it. Thank you for the reminder. Version compatibility has been added.

I had forgetton about it. Thank you for the reminder. Version compatibility has been added.

I lost haha. I am a version behind, so I will have to wait until I upgrade....
Does the blog support members posting to the blog, or only admin?
From what I can tell so far, looks really nice, however, I have not
had the time to really dig into it just yet, keep up the good work.

I lost haha. I am a version behind, so I will have to wait until I upgrade....
Does the blog support members posting to the blog, or only admin?
From what I can tell so far, looks really nice, however, I have not
had the time to really dig into it just yet, keep up the good work.

Blog and blog comment posting is group permisison based. It is also compatible with the 1.3.x versions as well. But I listed the 2 most current version at the version compatibility series.

Top Bottom