[TH] WikiPosts [Deleted]

ThemeHouse

ThemeHouse submitted a new resource:

[AD] WikiPosts - Allows threads to be marked as a Wiki

This add-on will allow you, and your users to mark a thread as a "WikiPost" giving the ability to edit the original post in a thread to any user with the required permissions.

forum_edit.png

wikipost.png

wikipost_thread_tools.png

Read more about this resource...

Suggestion, please. Rather than have to edit separate forums to enable Wikiposts for each, would it be possible to have a single multiple selection box for nodes so we can manage them in one place please?

Suggestion, please. Rather than have to edit separate forums to enable Wikiposts for each, would it be possible to have a single multiple selection box for nodes so we can manage them in one place please?

This is something we've been looking into though I'm not quite sure how easily it could be done. I'll continue looking into it though

Jake

do you have a demo of this in action we can try out?

does it have to be the first post that's the wiki or can it be the 2nd?

does the thread continue after the wiki post?

does the thread get named to WikiPost or does it retain its current title?

is there a permission group for editing the wiki's?

@ThemeHouse

Last edited:
do you have a demo of this in action we can try out?

does it have to be the first post that's the wiki or can it be the 2nd?

does the thread continue after the wiki post?

does the thread get named to WikiPost or does it retain its current title?

is there a permission group for editing the wiki's?

@ThemeHouse
-our forum is strictly closed, unfortunately no demo.
-has to be the 1st
-thread continues normally
-current title remains the same, equipped with a wiki prefix
-there are permissions for each user group

...sorry for the delay, been busy

-our forum is strictly closed, unfortunately no demo.
-has to be the 1st
-thread continues normally
-current title remains the same, equipped with a wiki prefix
-there are permissions for each user group

...sorry for the delay, been busy
Why are you sorry? It's not your responsibility to provide answers. I appreciate your help. You have any more screenshots?

Hey folks, just to confirm that screenshots (for all add-ons) are in the works, this is something I will be working on as a top priority.

Thanks for your feedback!

Hey Richard is anyone at the helm for this one? I sent a few PM's to people in the company but no one responded. I'm trying to find out if the addon will have functionality like they have over on FlyerTalk:

What functionality are you looking for, specifically? The functionality is the same as any other thread, except anyone with the permissions needed can edit the first post in a thread marked as a wiki

What functionality are you looking for, specifically? The functionality is the same as any other thread, except anyone with the permissions needed can edit the first post in a thread marked as a wiki
Well if you pass through to FlyerTalk you'll see they have the ability to add a wiki to the top of a thread. As opposed to just making the first post of the thread editable by anyone, this is a separate "area" that can be edited. But, its not a full on wiki like Vault that references a completely different forum section.

Well if you pass through to FlyerTalk you'll see they have the ability to add a wiki to the top of a thread. As opposed to just making the first post of the thread editable by anyone, this is a separate "area" that can be edited. But, its not a full on wiki like Vault that references a completely different forum section.

No, that's not possible with this add-on

So effectively the only thing it can do is grant the OP in a thread a universal permission so that anyone with the correct permissions can edit it?
Yes. As in they make the decision (admin or staff or otherwise). Adding to the top of the thread is not something this add-on supports.

It's a very simple but powerful addon. Just need a convenient way to select the forums in which Wikiposts can be created. Moderating edits by certain usergroups would also be a bonus.

Top Bottom