[TH] Watched Thread Folders [Deleted]

I have just been waiting for something like this. Great idea! However, I downloaded this and I went to the watched threads. I see there is a drop down option to move to folder, problem is, when I get to the next page it doesn't have any folders to select and I don't see a way to make one. I couldn't find the add on in options in ACP either. Sorry for the noobish question!

Maybe your style has altered this page so the 'add folder' link isn't available. You should be able to add a folder like in this image:

watched thread folders.webp

Try re-installing the add-on if you are still having problems have a look at the templates in watched_threads and watched_threads_all for any changes either by you, your styles or other add-ons.

I just tried to double check about it all being installed correctly then the forum went boom. I did the code as instructed and then I uninstalled the add on and removed the code, now I'm getting it trying to reinstall xenforo. Not sure if that's related or not. So I guess once I figure out what's going on now I'll have a look at all of that. :p

Note: Thank goodness for my partner. It seemed I miss placed a file. >> Going to try and re install it all now.

Update: Okay so I reinstalled etc. I checked the templates and I don't think anything was edited or changed with the same issue. Is there anything else I should try?

Last edited:
Hi,
Try re-installing the add-on if you are still having problems have a look at the templates in watched_threads and watched_threads_all for any changes either by you, your styles or other add-ons.

I also have the problem that the "Add Folder" link doesn`t appear. I checked the TMS and found the following template changes by your add-on:

1. watch_threads Alter the 'no threads' phrase if required
  2. watch_threads Alters link to show all watched threads to include folder_id when required.
  3. watch_threads Addition of folder tabs
  4. watch_threads_all Adds in folder id to page links
  5. watch_threads_all Remove manage threads popup if required.
  6. watch_threads_all Adds the option to move selected threads
  7. watch_threads_all Addition of folder tabs.

there seems to be no template change for the Add Folder link.

all the best,
Sacha

works great now. A little improvement suggestion:
change string "No Filter" in template "waindigo_watched_folders_tabs_watchedfolders" into a phrase

It's working well for me also! Thanks so much for this.

Edit: I will leave it a little longer for testing before I review.

It also seems to not want to remove the first folder I created and seemed to make double. I think it named the initial folder the same as the first folder I made.

Just to note, it'd be great if it could actually move the watched threads into the folders and then remove from the initial folder but I am assuming the folders work as filters and I have no idea how much more work that would be, but just an idea! Hope this all helps. :)

works great now. A little improvement suggestion:
change string "No Filter" in template "waindigo_watched_folders_tabs_watchedfolders" into a phrase
Thanks, I've added this in so it will appear in the next version.
It also seems to not want to remove the first folder I created and seemed to make double. I think it named the initial folder the same as the first folder I made.

Just to note, it'd be great if it could actually move the watched threads into the folders and then remove from the initial folder but I am assuming the folders work as filters and I have no idea how much more work that would be, but just an idea! Hope this all helps. :)
You shouldn't be having any problems deleting folders, note that the first folder 'No filter' is just the default action for the page. The folders offer you a more focused and filtered view.

If you need any features adding please contact me at https://waindigo.org and I'd be happy to discuss improving this add-on.

Ah all righty, it could be on my end but I see the no filter it's just the first custom folder I made. I can edit just not delete it. :) loving this add on though, and so are my users. Will do if I should think of anything!

Hey there, I've tried to contact via pm and then tried to register on your site but I'm not getting the email confirmation. It's the correct email and I clicked resend etc but I didn't get anything.. So I thought I'd reply here.

I've recently updated one of your addons and I noticed the visible branding moved / changed and to be honest it sticks out a little like a sore thumb. I'd love to know how much you were asking for removing the branding. I think I have three addons which seem to have it. Unlinking banned members, this folder addon and email alerts. Or maybe if there was a way to change it back to where it was, under the Xenforo software infomation. Anyway, thanks in advance!

Edit: Still having issues deleting any folder I make with this particular addon. It seems to load but nothing happens.

Last edited:
I `d like to report a critical bug: when a user has created sub-folders and wants to move a thread to a sub-folder, she gets a selection of ALL subfolders by ALL users and not only her folders.
The range of selectable folders has to be limited to the folders created by the individual user.

My members keep telling me that it`s very confusing to move a watched thread into a sub-folder and it will still appear on the first "general" tab. I think it would be better if the threads you move into a subfolder would only appear in this subfolder. There`s no indicator that shows you which of the threads on the first tab have already been moved to a sub-folder so this is really confusing if you have a lot of watched threads.

This is why I suggest to (maybe optionally) remove all threads from the first general/all tab that have been moved to a sub-folder.

Hello @Jon W ,
this add-on is marked as unmaintained. Does that mean another developer can take it over? Or are you just waiting for someone to sponsor the further development?
I need the problem in the post above to be fixed and I need to know how to proceed.
Ciao,
Sacha

Top Bottom