[TH] Watch Summary Email [Deleted]

Jon W

Jon W submitted a new resource:

Watch Summary Email by Waindigo - Send users a daily/weekly email showing activity in their watched threads/forums. Includes opt-out.

This add-on sends out a daily and/or weekly email to your users with a list of all the threads that they are watching (including threads in forums they are watching) that have been posted in during the specified day/week.

Users can opt-out of receiving these mailings through a simple checkbox on their 'Contact Details' account page....

Read more about this resource...

nice. I hope this develops into the direction of discourse digest:
(not only watched threads, especially most popular content)
eJPirul.png

1R6FoiJ.png

Is there any way to force this to only send a weekly email by default and the user select the option to make it daily?
Run the following MySql query (using PhpMyAdmin or similar):
Code:
UPDATE xf_user_option SET email_watched_daily_waindigo = 0

Thanks!

I've checked and this plugin doesn't seem to respect the flag "Receive Site Mailings" in the General Privacy settings of a user profile. I'm getting complaints from users who are getting mailings even though they have deselected "Receive Site Mailings" in their profile.

No server errors... this is my setup

Schermata 2014-12-28 alle 00.52.55.webp

I updated users options via DB query
Code:
UPDATE xf_user_option SET email_watched_daily_waindigo = 1, email_watched_weekly_waindigo = 1

Wow, this morning the weekly summary has started.
I disabled immediately the addon!

The summary are all the same for all users! 4 threads same for all users! :(:(:(

The summary is sent to all users not only the valid users! :(:(:(

Please be careful to use this addon on production site.

@Jon W please take a look into your addon. It's very a great feature to engage users.

here some details

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: email_watched_daily_waindigo - library/Waindigo/WatchSummary/Deferred/WatchSummary.php:73
Generato Da: Account Sconosciuto, Oggi alle 09:36
Code:
#0 /home/immobili/public_html/library/Waindigo/WatchSummary/Deferred/WatchSummary.php(73): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/immobili/...', 73, Array)
#1 /home/immobili/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(256): Waindigo_WatchSummary_Deferred_WatchSummary->execute(Array, Array, 7.99999880791, '')
#2 /home/immobili/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(390): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.99999880791, '', false)
#3 /home/immobili/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(335): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#4 /home/immobili/public_html/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#5 {main}
Code:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(37) "https://www.immobilio.it/deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(88) "/threads/locazione-scaduta-conduttore-legittimato-allazione-di-spoglio-avverso-il.33152/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Top Bottom