[TH] Warnings [Deleted]

Hi guys,

Would you be willing to add an option: send email to warned user? If so let me know the cost and I'd be happy to contribute. We have users who end up banned, who cannot read their private conversations (because they're banned), and then have no idea why they were warned/banned.

Hi guys,

Would you be willing to add an option: send email to warned user? If so let me know the cost and I'd be happy to contribute. We have users who end up banned, who cannot read their private conversations (because they're banned), and then have no idea why they were warned/banned.
This sounds like a nice addition, drop me a PM to discuss.

Waindigo updated Warnings by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.6 released
I'm having trouble installing this addon on a local dev site for testing:

With Install and Upgrade by Waindigo v1.1.5 enabled:
An exception occurred: Undefined index: base in /var/www/html/library/Waindigo/Warnings/Option/PointsExpiry.php on line 17
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Waindigo/Warnings/Option/PointsExpiry.php at line 17
  2. Waindigo_Warnings_Option_PointsExpiry::verifyOption()
  3. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/DataWriter/Option.php at line 346
  4. XenForo_DataWriter_Option->_validateOptionValuePreSave() in XenForo/DataWriter/Option.php at line 211
  5. XenForo_DataWriter_Option->_preSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1446
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->preSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1385
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Option.php at line 1131
  8. XenForo_Model_Option->importOptionsAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 324
  9. XenForo_Model_AddOn->importAddOnExtraDataFromXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 226
  10. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in Waindigo/InstallUpgrade/Extend/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 86
  11. Waindigo_InstallUpgrade_Extend_XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  12. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in Waindigo/InstallUpgrade/Extend/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 64
  13. Waindigo_InstallUpgrade_Extend_XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 187
  14. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in Waindigo/InstallUpgrade/Extend/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 104
  15. Waindigo_InstallUpgrade_Extend_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  16. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  17. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/html/admin.php at line 13

An exception occurred: Undefined index: base in /var/www/html/library/Waindigo/Warnings/Option/PointsExpiry.php on line 17
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Waindigo/Warnings/Option/PointsExpiry.php at line 17
  2. Waindigo_Warnings_Option_PointsExpiry::verifyOption()
  3. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/DataWriter/Option.php at line 346
  4. XenForo_DataWriter_Option->_validateOptionValuePreSave() in XenForo/DataWriter/Option.php at line 211
  5. XenForo_DataWriter_Option->_preSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1446
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->preSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1385
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Option.php at line 1131
  8. XenForo_Model_Option->importOptionsAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 324
  9. XenForo_Model_AddOn->importAddOnExtraDataFromXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 226
  10. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  11. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 187
  12. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  13. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  14. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/html/admin.php at line 13

Waindigo updated Warnings by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.0 released

New features:
  • Added ability to pre-define a default conversation message for a custom warning, just like all other warning definitions.
  • Added ability to automatically reply to posts/profile posts, including the ability to pre-define a default reply message for all warning definitions, including custom warnings. Also added an option to lock a thread after replying to a warned post.
  • Added the ability to set 'Delete the content' or 'Post a public warning' as the default...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: Xon
@Waindigo, looking at the config around custom warnings with this addon installed and Reply To Content enabled and then XML template; I can't see how automatic reply to posts/profiles can work for custom warnings.

@Waindigo, looking at the config around custom warnings with this addon installed and Reply To Content enabled and then XML template; I can't see how automatic reply to posts/profiles can work for custom warnings.
It doesn't. I forgot to add it. I'll be releasing an update shortly.

Reactions: Xon
First of all great plug-in. Really makes warning management feasible for my less technical staff. One pretty big bug that has me considering temporarily disabling it though.

Steps to explain/reproduce:
1) When I attempt to use the custom warning I have it filled out as such: http://puu.sh/dCoZw/0bcaec41c5.png
2) Upon hitting "Warn user" it does not prompt me to modify the details of the conversation, but simply applies the warning.
3) On the warned user's end he receives a PM with the title as "warning_definition_0_conversation_title" and the text as "warning_definition_0_conversation_text" literally.

Obviously this isn't desired behavior; we want to be able to specify the message details of the custom warning. For your reference, this is the Edit Custom Warning view in AdminCP: http://puu.sh/dCpb2/4720a5d401.png

Thanks for maintaining this plug-in. :)

3) On the warned user's end he receives a PM with the title as "warning_definition_0_conversation_title" and the text as "warning_definition_0_conversation_text" literally.
I'm having the same issue. But it only applies to warnings setup prior to installing this add-on. Warnings created post-install are working fine.

So the workaround is: Delete your old warnings. Recreate them. I also needed to add some text to the Custom Warning Conversation Settings in order for the error to go away there too. Not ideal, but it seems to work.

Cc: @Jon W

Last edited:
After using this for a day or so:

This add-on is critical for communicating warnings and handling actions properly. Makes warnings/actions extremely flexible.

And here are some suggestions:

Integrate:
Add support for ...
  • Importing/converting pre-existing warnings (see previous posts).
  • Locking the custom warning points/expiration in the add-on options.
  • One email. The warned user will receive 2 emails (one from XF and one from the add-on) if a user has their settings to receive emails on conversation and the add-on settings are set to send an email on warning. Unless there's an action that results in a ban; then they only get an email from the add-on. It'd be great if the add-on could temporarily override the user's settings and become the only email received when issued a warning.
I'd be willing to sponsor the above updates.

Regardless, thanks for creating this. In 24 hours it's already made moderation easier.

After using this for a day or so:

This add-on is critical for communicating warnings and handling actions properly. Makes warnings/actions extremely flexible.

And here are some suggestions:

Integrate:
Add support for ...
  • Importing/converting pre-existing warnings (see previous posts).
  • Locking the custom warning points/expiration in the add-on options.
  • One email. The warned user will receive 2 emails (one from XF and one from the add-on) if a user has their settings to receive emails on conversation and the add-on settings are set to send an email on warning. Unless there's an action that results in a ban; then they only get an email from the add-on. It'd be great if the add-on could temporarily override the user's settings and become the only email received when issued a warning.
I'd be willing to sponsor the above updates.

Regardless, thanks for creating this. In 24 hours it's already made moderation easier.
Apologies for the delay in sorting this out. I have hopefully now fixed the bugs.

Please drop me a PM if you are interested in contributing to any of these features.

Top Bottom