[TH] Warnings [Deleted]

Yes, you can do this. We do something similar that adds the individual to a secondary usergroup that restricts posting across the entire site, but they can still read.
Thanks for the quick reply @Biker. So the warning points that are attached to a specific action only tally towards that action and are not considered as part of the whole system-wide points "pot"?
Yep, although you have to specify that the conversation is sent. In addition, it can also be sent via email.
I specifically want alerts, rather than conversations or emails - do you know if it sends an XF alert when the warning is issued?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Thanks for the quick reply @Biker. So the warning points that are attached to a specific action only tally towards that action and are not considered as part of the whole system-wide points "pot"?

I specifically want alerts, rather than conversations or emails - do you know if it sends an XF alert when the warning is issued?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Points are accumulated site wide.

Alerts? Nope. It sends a conversation (and email, if the global option is checked).

We did away with points accumulation when we converted from vB to XF. Our old Rule Reminder list was HUGE and a pain in the behind. The membership quickly figured out the points and some would game it to where they'd creep up to the suspension or ban line and take a peek, but not cross it.

It became a game with them to see how much they could get away with before being suspended for 3 or 7 days. So, we did an overhaul of the system when we converted to XF. Members know we changed things, but don't know we did away with the points. Depending on the severity of the infraction, they may get smacked with a 3 day suspension right off the bat. Especially if they're being belligerent about it.

Thanks for the info. I'm looking to sanction members who go too far in the politics forum, but are otherwise good standing members of our community. Being able to focus the politics warnings on actions that restrict their ability to post in that section of the forum would be very useful. (y)

You can still do that.

You can group the warnings by topic, and for the section that receives the most grief, create warnings that temporarily suspend them from that section by using a secondary usergroup. You just can't set the points to where they apply to a specific portion of the site.

So there's no fee for the add-on but to enable premium features (and get branding removal) I've got to pay a monthly subscription?

I don't really want to subscribe to any add-ons - can I pay a one-off branding removal fee?

There are no longer "premium features". Those are all enabled with the add-ons now. You don't have to keep the subscription active to use the branding removal, but you do to receive the premium support (which is included with paid add-ons already)

There are no longer "premium features". Those are all enabled with the add-ons now. You don't have to keep the subscription active to use the branding removal, but you do to receive the premium support (which is included with paid add-ons already)

Thanks Jake - good news on the features being enabled. So I will need a subscription to begin with for the branding removal, but do not need to renew it unless (or until) I want to upgrade the add-on? So it's $20 for branding removal effectively?

Last edited:
So I will need a subscription to being with for the branding removal, but do not need to renew it unless (or until) I want to upgrade the add-on? So it's $20 for branding removal effectively?

Not quite, that subscription doesn't currently give you access to anything other than branding removal and premium support. Once our new site launches in a few months the subscriptions will be much better and you will get products based on the subscription you've chosen.

If you purchase the subscription and do not renew it you will no longer get premium support for free and open source add-ons, but you will get to keep using the branding removal on a single domain indefinitely.

You will not need to renew your subscription to get updates to any add-ons, the update period for the add-ons depends on it's license. Free/Open Source add-ons you'll always be able to get updates, but Paid add-ons usually require you to purchase a license renewal after 12 months to receive updates and support (this price is generally around 50% of the add-on cost).

Jake

Top Bottom