[TH] User Improvements [Deleted]

We can make a big discussion out of this if you want, but the tl;dr is that we don't blindly copy-paste suggested bug fixes but rather check the software and code if that is actually fixing the issue and not just bandaging it on the surface, so no errors follow up, similar issues may also be tackled in the same run, it doesn't produce any edge cases and works in all setups, etc. It's a simple matter of quality assurance, and, as previously stated, not holding back one bug fix while we work on the other.
I'm not suggesting you blindly copy my other fixes as I realize they're tailored for me and my use cases specifically. I drastically changed several of the functions that would likely not work within your model. I was only curious about the one that breaks the form that allows you to save your chosen trophies. It's the same link to invoke and save changes to that page.

I'm fully accepting that I have not created an add-on for XF so it's likely not as simple as "hey go update your template", but that's why I asked the question. What is it that creating an add-on does that's different than just importing a template, respective to the template error specifically?

Lastly, I know for your paid add-ons it makes sense to not have the source code published but how come you guys don't have this add-on public in github? You're already using it for issue tracking. I would have issued a merge request instead of just pasting it here if I had access to do so.

I want to be clear that I was not attacking you, I just want to understand because from the outside it seems like a simple fix to alleviate a broken feature. You're not obligated to give me the time of day and I appreciate your activity in this thread. Often times developers for companies do not have a direct line to their customers. What seems obvious to us is maybe not obvious to your internal models. I'm sympathetic to that, working in both development and security infrastructure fields in my professional life.

Thanks for posting the bugs guys, will try to get them in as we can.

Regarding open sourcing and allowing PRs, would love to and we had it setup that way but no one did. You'd be one of the first to offer, even though I'd agree I would expect this to be more enticing to others. For XF1 we open sourced 200 addons.

Thanks for posting the bugs guys, will try to get them in as we can.

Regarding open sourcing and allowing PRs, would love to and we had it setup that way but no one did. You'd be one of the first to offer, even though I'd agree I would expect this to be more enticing to others. For XF1 we open sourced 200 addons.

Thanks Mike. If you open it, I'll contribute. I like to tinker and since I'm pretty heavily reliant on this add-on, I'd like to contribute back to it rather than make my design changes locally and have to resolve conflicts every time I upgrade.

I see Lukas owned and resolved two of my opened bugs on the github. Thanks @Lukas W.

@NicolasZN From the notes, it looks like Lukas has addressed most if not all of our concerns in Patch 8. Woo!

Getting errors

Code:
Server error log
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined offset: 0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/UserImprovements/XF/Entity/MemberStat.php:30
Generated by: ***** May 16, 2019 at 12:18 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/UserImprovements/XF/Entity/MemberStat.php(30): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Unde...', '/srv/www/goregr...', 30, Array)
#1 src/addons/ThemeHouse/UserImprovements/XF/Entity/MemberStat.php(14): ThemeHouse\UserImprovements\XF\Entity\MemberStat->filterTHUITrophiesBySortOrder(Object(XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder))
#2 src/addons/ThemeHouse/UserImprovements/XF/Pub/Controller/Member.php(15): ThemeHouse\UserImprovements\XF\Entity\MemberStat->getTHUITrophies()
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): ThemeHouse\UserImprovements\XF\Pub\Controller\Member->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(248): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Member', 'Index', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Xfrocks\Medal\XF\Pub\Controller\Member), NULL)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Xfrocks\Medal\XF\Pub\Controller\Member), NULL)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#7 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#8 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#9 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#10 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(27) "/members/?key=most_messages"
  ["referrer"] => string(30) "https:// *******.com/members/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["key"] => string(13) "most_messages"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Hidden trophy profile URL leads to an error

Oops! We ran into some problems.
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

ThemeHouse updated [TH] User Improvements with a new update entry:

Version 1.3.0 Patch Level 8 released!

Changes:
  • Resolved an issue that would prevent the trophy showcase selection from being saved.
  • Resolved an issue that would prevent the trophy showcase edit icon to show up.
  • Resolved an issue that would show the max integer value when the showcase size was set to unlimited.
  • Resolved an styling issue when opening the trophy showcase selector in a separate page.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Sweet, thanks guys!

Hey @Lukas W. I saw you closed one of the issues I opened up with "as designed". I think I explained that one poorly. I responded to the issue but not sure if you've seen it. Can you take a look and let me know if you want me to open a new issue or if you just want to use that one still?

the tl;dr is that it's not iterating the trophy progress bar correctly. I thought it was only on other people's trophy pages but it's on my own as well. It's just out of order for a reason I can't figure out.

(Current Points - Points needed for last level) * 100 / (Points needed for next level - Points needed for last level) => Progress Percentage

(Current Points - Points needed for last level) * 100 / (Points needed for next level - Points needed for last level) => Progress Percentage
Sorry, I will repost here the question (I deleted it to check on GitHub before :P )
How does progress bar work?
I have 847/1000 points but I read 61%, at 1000 points there is the latest user title ladder, is that a bug or it counts a total of any existing trophy?
By following your formula, it brings some strange numbers.

User title ladders are: 20, 50, 100, 200, 350, 600, 1000
I'm at the last one, 847 of 1000, I should see 84%, not 61 :S

(847 - 600) * 100 / (1000 - 600) =
(247) * 100 / (400) =
24.700 / 400 =
Okay thank you, I got that.

Do you think its better to make customizable the message that you see by mouse over the progress?
Right now I see: 847/1000, and if you see 61% its not correct.
I should see 247/400, => (Current Points - Points needed for last level) / (Points needed for next level - Points needed for last level)

PS. This options should be toggleable, some people would prefer the original one.

Do you think its better to make customizable the message that you see by mouse over the progress?

The message is phrased, so you can customize it, however the numbers provided are static. You could edit the template if you want, all numbers needed are accessible.

and if you see 61% its not correct.

A matter of preference. It's just as correct as the other one.

PS. This options should be toggleable, some people would prefer the original one.

There's no original widget, so not sure what you are referring to.

It it possible to add trophies for the different types of reaction that were added in one of the recent XF upgrades? Am I blindly missing the obvious ~thing~ to click on and do this? If not, is it something you'd consider adding support for at some point in the future?

Either way, thanks for a useful mod!

1563318103117.webp

Why are all those trophies displayed, even though the user group permission for admins for trophy size for profile is limited to 3 (btw.: it doesn't make sense that a lot of usergroups are set to unlimited after a clean install).

1563318222073.webp

The analyze page says the user value is set to unlimited even though the admin group is limited to 3.

1563318401723.webp

Top Bottom