[TH] User Improvements [Deleted]

Lukas W.

katsulynx submitted a new resource:

[KL] User Improvements - Adds various new features for your users.

[KL] User Improvements
Description

From colored usernames to account self deactivation, this add-on is a collection of useful additional features centered around your users and their accounts and profiles.

Features
  • User name changes, including:
    • Permissions, do determine
      • Who can change his...

Read more about this resource...

katsulynx updated [KL] User Improvements with a new update entry:

1.0.0 Beta 2

Changelog
New Functionalities
  • Trophy categories are now available. You can now create categories for trophies in the admin control panel. Trophy category titles are created as phrases and thus are fully translatable if you're running a multilingual board. Trophies that are not assigned to a category are labelled as 'uncategorized' in the backend, while their 'category title' is...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@mauzao9 for a matter of fact, I mostly produce my current addons for my own project. Maintaining a multitude of addons is a matter of effort I want to keep low. That's why I sort together functionalities that do belong together or are close to each other (BB Code & Editor, Profiles & Trophies, etc.). I keep them as flexible as possible, so the extra load is fairly low, if you do not require the other functionalities. If you feel like they're too much for some reason, I can also always offer you a stripped down version for a small fee.

As the addon you posted is deleted, I can't really read out what it offered? If you want to explain, I might consider adding its features.

@mauzao9 for a matter of fact, I mostly produce my current addons for my own project. Maintaining a multitude of addons is a matter of effort I want to keep low. That's why I sort together functionalities that do belong together or are close to each other (BB Code & Editor, Profiles & Trophies, etc.). I keep them as flexible as possible, so the extra load is fairly low, if you do not require the other functionalities. If you feel like they're too much for some reason, I can also always offer you a stripped down version for a small fee.

As the addon you posted is deleted, I can't really read out what it offered? If you want to explain, I might consider adding its features.
I see.

Mostly the Badge Addon was around the improvements you made only that it grouped trophies into badges, say a badge for "posts" climbs up to the max tier (last trophy) and unlocks the badge for the user, things as that, its description:
Features:

Create badge

A badge is an icon that represents the trophy sets (a group of trophies) you've awarded or your members. There are 3 types of badge:
  • Visible: all trophies assign to this badge are visible.
  • Step by step: the next trophy details will be shown once the previous has been awarded.
  • Hidden: it will be shown once earned.

More option when create a new trophy

When creating a trophy, you can
  • Select a badge for trophy.
  • Add trophy key, an unique identifier for that trophy, allows retrieve and unlock trophy by this ID instead of auto increment id.
  • Add trophy callback, called when trophy cron fired. Allows you to implement your action without extending to criteria system.
  • Upload trophy icon.

Trophy management
  • Manually award a trophy to a user.
  • View users who has earned which trophies.
  • Remove earned trophy from user.
  • Import and Export.

Assign trophies to a badge

You can select a badge when creating a trophy or Drag and drop them in the trophies list page just like smilies.

Level system

Level is a summary of trophy points, you can set the amount of points for each level in AdminCP.
  • Level progress widget.
  • User Title Ladder supported.
User profile
  • Users can view their level, badge on profile page.
  • Users can feature a badge on their profile. The featured badge will display at the top of their profile and in the messages of thread under the avatar.

Miscellaneous

• Leaderboard.
  • Badge graphs
  • List badges.

I usually end up having several addons to fulfill functionality in one thing, I always wanted to bring this up to the level trophies with icons and badges and stuff could replace the "bd medals" addon all merged into the xF base trophy functionality. But I understand you're taking a more superficial look at features for easier maintenance.

I think I can implement stacking trophies, maybe even build them in a way that you can only earn the second level if you fulfilled the first one, independent from the fact that you might already fulfilled it's criteria. I may also be able to do a Steam-Like progress bar.

Manual rewarding and removing should also be doable. Same for import/export, but I'd put that on the list for the long run, as I don't consider that too important. Anything else you'd want?

New to xenforo, didn't know i couldnt change my rate after giving it, plus didn't know about this "discution" next to the addon. Sorry for that, wasnt my intention to rate down the addon, just cause.
But, do you have any idea why that error appear?

New to xenforo, didn't know i couldnt change my rate after giving it, plus didn't know about this "discution" next to the addon. Sorry for that, wasnt my intention to rate down the addon, just cause.

No problem. A moderator might be able to delete your rating if you ask them.

But, do you have any idea why that error appear?

Does your admin control panel shows, that errors have been logged? If so, please show me the content of the errors.
Should look like this:
lQSlqFK.png

Nothing appears :/

That's kind of weird. If there would've been an error with the actual addon installation, it should've been logged. Nontheless I've looked through the installer once more, but wasn't able to spot any error so far. So it might've been something temporarily (did you try it again?), something I've already fixed for the next version, but can't recall it, or something weird is going on. Which XF2 Version are you running? If the error persists, I'd recommend to wait until I release the next version and then check out if the error is resolved.

I tried to upload files again and same thing happend.
I am running X2 beta 5.
I can wait for next updates to see if things get fixed :)

Trying to install this, getting the following after install button:

The site is currently being upgraded. Please check back later.

Any ideas on how to debug?

Logs -> Server error logs = No errors have been logged.

Logs -> Admin log = Does not show the install.

Trying to install this, getting the following after install button:

The site is currently being upgraded. Please check back later.

Any ideas on how to debug?

I've received another report on this yesterday, but haven't been able to nail the cause down to anything specifically. I've refactored most of the code for the next release and will do a more in-depth installation testing in hope that this will resolve the issue, but that's currently mostly poking around in the dark.

FYI I'm running PHP 7.2 pretty close to the default package. Might be missing some PHP extensions, I have just the minimum to run XF.

Fresh XF 2 install with latest beta version as of yesterday.

FYI I'm running PHP 7.2 pretty close to the default package.

It could be, but I wouldn't point my finger at it. I'm running on 5.6.30 in development, and my online test platform runs on 7.1 (cause that's the maximum the host offers), so I'm very close to that.

Might be missing some PHP extensions, I have just the minimum to run XF.

That shouldn't bring any trouble. The addon doesn't require any extras, so you should be more than fine with XFs minimum requirements.

I've attached a quick zip of the current status of the next update, so if you want to you can try and see if that installs properly. You'll have to uninstall it again latest when Beta 3 actually kicks live though, as there is not yet all functionality in there and you won't be able to upgrade from this one to Beta 3 (as they share the same version number).

Attachments

I've attached a quick zip of the current status of the next update, so if you want to you can try and see if that installs properly.

This one installs without issue.

You'll have to uninstall it again latest when Beta 3 actually kicks live though, as there is not yet all functionality in there and you won't be able to upgrade from this one to Beta 3 (as they share the same version number).

Understood.

Thanks!

Top Bottom