[TH] User Improvements [Deleted]

Looks like a custom modification you made. Our templates have been renamed, so you'll need to change that.

Yes, I disable the template modification for message_macros and place it myself. I think I have it working now.

@Lukas W. @ThemeHouse

Users cannot edit any account details under their profiles with addon enabled, including editable custom user fields. Trying to do results in:

Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.
Please enter a valid name.

Where are the user settings for Trophy showcase located when the 'User's choice' setting is enabled? And where can front-end username changes be viewed? (I don't see the dropdown shown in the sceeenshots, 'View username changes ' permission is set to yes) I've looked everywhere but I might just be blind.

And a small suggestion: an option to display the profile views counter under the About tab or somewhere else less prominent for forums already displaying a high number of header stats,

Thank you!

Last edited:
After upgrading to the latest version, the field on the Account details that allowed users to change the name has disappeared and if we try to update anything on the Account details page, we get this error message "Please enter a valid name"
Seems like something is broken when it comes to the username change feature.

Last edited:
After upgrading to the latest version, the field on the Account details that allowed users to change the name has disappeared and if we try to update anything on the Account details page, we get this error message "Please enter a valid name"
Seems like something is broken when it comes to the username change feature.
@ThemeHouse @Lukas W. Can you confirm that this is a bug within the addon rather an issue on our forum. Thanks!

Are all template modifications applying?
Yes, all the templates are up-to-date.

I don't see the username change option either, but I only started trying this add-on with the recent update so I don't know exactly where it's located

EDIT: Yeah, I get the same error message saving the page.
Yes, under the Account details page. And if you try to click Save you get that error message.

Yes, all the templates are up-to-date.

That wasn't the question. Under ACP > Appearance > Styles & templates > Template Modifications > [TH] User Improvements, are any template modifications showing a positive number (1 or higher) in the grey or red column? If so, click them to check in which style.

That wasn't the question. Under ACP > Appearance > Styles & templates > Template Modifications > [TH] User Improvements, are any template modifications showing a positive number (1 or higher) in the grey or red column? If so, click them to check in which style.

Everything looks correct for me. Grey and red are all zero.

thuimprove-png.200439

Attachments

• THUImprove.webp
    THUImprove.webp
    48.9 KB · Views: 133
I installed the addon on that never had a previous version installed and I am also getting this error: "Please enter a valid name. "
Also form element for changing the actual username is not there.

All permissions are set up correctly

Capture.webp

From my experiments $canTHUIChangeName is never declared anywhere

Last edited:
It should be $canChangeName. There's a typo somewhere in the template.
When I edited the template, it would work fine. Just a typo somewhere either the template or the code. Depending on how the owner of the add-on want to fix this.

Last edited:
But the problem goes beyond just not being able to change the username. None of the fields on Account details can be edited

Have you even tried the fix mentioned across #392 and #394, or just straight dismissed it? If the text box isn't loaded the "name" input has no value so the whole form gets rejected.

I'm on 1.2.4 so can't test it (and it makes no sense me updating from a working version)..

Top Bottom