[TH] User Field Categories [Deleted]

Thanks for the great plugin!

Just one minor thing though:
I noticed that once you place a userfield into a custom category, i can't edit that field of a user in the AdminCP, since it just won't be displayed. So it would be great if that could be added to the "edit user xxx" page.

Thanks for the great plugin!

Just one minor thing though:
I noticed that once you place a userfield into a custom category, i can't edit that field of a user in the AdminCP, since it just won't be displayed. So it would be great if that could be added to the "edit user xxx" page.
Please drop me a PM if this is something you'd be interested in contributing towards. I'll try and keep the price low as I can see it is quite an important feature.

Is it possible to restrict access to information in the custom fields based upon permissions? For instance, I'd like my premium user group to be able to see each others First and Last Name with every post, but, I don't want search bots and non-premium users to see this information. Is this possible?

Is it possible to restrict access to information in the custom fields based upon permissions? For instance, I'd like my premium user group to be able to see each others First and Last Name with every post, but, I don't want search bots and non-premium users to see this information. Is this possible?
Not currently. This add-on is all about permissions to edit the fields, not who can view them.

If you are interested in contributing to develop an add-on like this, please drop me a PM.

I know you've stated this add-on isn't about viewing the fields, but is there any way to call on them to make them visible in the profile?

You can determine that in the setting for each field. It might be faster to set each category, but it exists on the options for custom user fields already.

I'd really love to have these show up in the AdminCP too - I can't actually use these right now because otherwise there's no way to edit some of the data.

Apparently these don't show up for moderators to edit on the front end if that addon is installed, either.

The 'create user' link in the AdminCP no longer loads after updating this addon. The following error is being recorded each time we try to load that page:

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Cannot use object of type XenForo_Phrase as array - library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code:838
Generated By: squirrly, 1 minute ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError('$__output = '';...', Array)
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(50) "http://thebabywearer.com/forum/admin.php?users/add"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["users/add"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Disabling the addon stopped the issue.

Custom fields are not displaying on user profile after assigning to a category

I did set the permission correct. What am I doing wrong?

I am planning to use this to display specific customer fields on profile based on usergroup.

1) Created Custom Field Category and set user groups that can use it.
2) Assigned custom fields to the category by display location (please see image 2). Is this the way to assigned custom fields to category?

Appreciate the help!
upload_2014-10-16_15-2-38.webp

upload_2014-10-16_15-4-12.webp

Last edited:
That was fixed a little while ago. They show up correctly now, if they are set to do so (field options - you can control whether it's visible, editable, etc.).

Top Bottom