[TH] User Field Categories [Deleted]

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

User Field Categories - Sort your user fields into unlimited categories, plus restrict categories to certain user groups.

Description:
This add-on adds a section to your Admin Control Panel for creating categories for your Custom User Fields.

These categories will show up as separate links on a user's Accounts page. You can even restrict certain categories to be visible only to certain user groups.

Installation:

This add-on can be installed using...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan
Sorry, but this is a similar theme.

You can make topics were category. The point is that one theme may refer to different sections according to contents. Then if the subject will have several categories, it will be easier to find topics.

Sorry, but this is a similar theme.

You can make topics were category. The point is that one theme may refer to different sections according to contents. Then if the subject will have several categories, it will be easier to find topics.
This add-on is for user fields only.

I understand this.
Just this idea of another add-on, which would have been needed.
Sorry if that's not right.

Only have one category, it's open only to admins.

When going to this page http://website.com/account/personal-details on an account that doesn't have admin I get the following error.

Template Errors: account_wrapper
  1. Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/website/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 112:
    111: $__compilerVar5 = '';
    112: foreach ($userFieldCategories AS $userFieldCategoryId => $userFieldCategory)
    113: {
This error shows at the top of the page.

Waindigo, it now can be controlled which groups have those fields available and can fill them in.
Can it also be made so that certain categories can also only be viewed by certain groups? So I want to include address information of members, but only show it to members of the same group and not to random/other visitors...

thanks.

Maybe it is, but would you then be so kind as to tell me how to accomplish it? Or isn't it an addon thing and is it built into XenForo?

It gives you the option when you create a category. It is a feature of this add-on.

2-png.56623

So 'applicable' here means both:

- those users will have the option to fill the field for themselves
and
- those users will have the right to see the field at other users

?

Oh I see, no. Misunderstood your question.

There are no settings for visibility of custom fields either in the core or this add-on.

Drop me a PM if you want to contribute towards this feature.

While taking your offer into consideration, I seem to be unable to even show the new category on someones profile?
I've made a new category, put a custom user field in it, and expect it to show on the profile of every user, but that ain't the case? Am I doing something wrong?

While taking your offer into consideration, I seem to be unable to even show the new category on someones profile?
I've made a new category, put a custom user field in it, and expect it to show on the profile of every user, but that ain't the case? Am I doing something wrong?
The categories are for editing custom fields only at the moment. Nothing to do with viewing other user's custom fields.

Top Bottom