[TH] User Banner Groups [Deleted]

Thanks Jon for developing this for me. I know that Jon is not big on posting screenshots and such :whistle: so I'll be posting some here when I get some time

Basically what this addon does is establish a banner group. On the Users tab in ACP there is an option added for User Banner Groups under User Groups

UBG1.webp

You can set up the user banner groups as desired

UBG2.webp

Each group has a display priority which controls the order of the banner group relative to other banner groups.

Here is where you will also see another Banner Stacking checkbox. What this does is control whether or not the banners that are within the banner group will all show (enabled) of if only the highest priority banner within the group will be shown (disabled)

UBG3.webp
Then, within each group you have the drop-down for User Banner Group. This is where you assign the User Group to a Banner Group.

UBG4.webp
Any User Groups whose banners are not part of a banner group are displayed normally

Banner Stacking must be enabled in User Options for this addon to work. If Banner Stacking is disabled, XF works just like the addon is not even there (Banner Groups and Banner Group Stacking are ignored)

One oddity (I wouldn't call it a bug) I just found was related to banners that are not part of a banner group. For instance, if you have Admin and Mod groups not assigned to a banner group, and you have the Display Styling Priority of the User Banner Groups set to anything other than zero, the Admin and Mod (and any other non-grouped banners) will show up below the banner groups. So basically, the User Banner Groups take priority over non grouped banners. The fix to this (which is pretty easy, unless you have a ton of groups that display banners) is to ensure that any banner that is to be displayed is part of a group. Then you control the display order of that group, and any banners within that group are thus display in order within the group.

Staff banner , if displayed, always shows on top, no matter what.

I don't know a ton about CSS and custom styling so I'll leave that up to the artists to show that off. I think the way @Jon W set it up, you can wrap each banner group in it's own CSS so that it will appear different from the other groups. I'm not sure how to do it but I think you can also cause the highest priority banner within a banner group to show different = larger, etc, and the lower-priority banner within a that group would appear smaller, etc. Do I have that correct @Jon W?

This is nice, it's still tricky to organize them i don't want some of them to stack at all but to hide them hm

not following you - so you if you don't want certain ones to show, then don't assign them a banner.
Oh i want the banner to show up, i just don't want it to stack with others. We have a normal user level upgrades group that stacks with everything else.

The put it in it's own User Banner Group. Or don't assign it to a group at all. It should still show up. It will just show up below the stackable group.

If you want the single banner to show up above the stackable group, then you make a UBG for just that banner and give it the higher priority

So I have a question. Lets say I have a user in the Registered usergroup. That user has two staff secondary usergroups. Does this addon let me show only the two staff usergroups and not the registered usergroup?

This addon does not allow for multiple banners within a banner group to show up - if you place all three in the same banner group, only the highest-level banner will show (based on styling priority)

If you want 2 staff banners to show, you would have to place them in separate groups.

Note that you can mix & match. So you can have the Registered + Staff Group 1 in one group, and Staff Group 2 without a group association, and both (Staff banners) will show

I did reach out to TH when they took this over, unless there is some more interest in development, it's probably stagnant. The original version works (or it did work, not sure if it still does) but it's a bit buggy and probably need a bottom-up redo honestly. It did however hit the mark on functionality.

I would personally love to see this add-on being developed for Xenforo 2.0, I would be willing to support financially for development.

Noted. It did turn out pretty well once you were able to figure out how to make it work. I think it needs a re-write anyway so abandoning the XF1 version and just having it re-done for XF2 isn't a stretch. It's not a super high priority for me right now but I'll ask

Don't believe we are planning on porting this over to XenForo 2.0 but if anything changes we'll send a response here! :)

Thank you very much.

Trying to find a way for users to join a secondary group(s) on their own that will display the badge each group joined.

Top Bottom