[TH] Upload a File Field for Custom Fields (Custom Field XML) [Deleted]

Jon -- I'm not clear on how to install this.

I uploaded it as usual to the forum, but the XML doesn't install like a regular add-on.

When I went to Applications -> Custom Thread Fields -> Import I got:

"Please enter a valid callback method."

Jon -- I'm not clear on how to install this.

I uploaded it as usual to the forum, but the XML doesn't install like a regular add-on.

When I went to Applications -> Custom Thread Fields -> Import I got:

"Please enter a valid callback method."
@Waindigo -- just to be clear, i have the latest version of custom fields installed (2.0.7?), it still throws that error on import.

thanks!

what would be potential use of this add-on considering users can upload a file with the current editor.
This is uploading a file as a custom field and is separate from the ability in posts etc. There are many uses for this but one feature that comes to mind is that custom fields can be marked as required.

You still need to install it as a custom field. Using Install and Upgrade by Waindigo just means you can install it by uploading the zip or entering a URL.

First, I am trying to install the add-on using "install and upgrade by Waindigo" and
it shows the error
upload_2014-11-20_13-8-3-png.89901

How to install as a custom field?

Make sure you have Custom Fields by Waindigo installed. Then go to any of the Custom Fields sections in the Admin Control Panel and click 'Import Custom Field'.

When I use the "Install and Upgrade" Addon by Waindigo, it gives me this error for this add-on:

"The provided file was not a valid XML file. Please provide a valid XML file."

I was able to install this add-on and date custom field add-on.
I was able to enter date and update a file when submitting a resource.
However, NOTHING shows on resource. Permissions are correct for everyone.

Let me know if this add-on is working for anyone other than the author @Waindigo
I am using for Resource Manager. Only way to install in RM is to create a dummy field (any field) and then import field by "overwrite field" option. Then it will change to upload file.

When adding a resource, it does show option to upload file and you can see the file while adding.

However, after adding resource uploaded "FILE" disappears. No where to be see.

If you editing this resource again, you can see this file in the edit mode but once you submit ...no where to be see.
upload_2014-11-27_14-3-51.webp

Appreciate you suggestions, if you were able to make it work!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom