[TH] Undelete Users [Deleted]

ThemeHouse

ThemeHouse submitted a new resource:

[TH] Undelete Users - Restores deleted users, linking them back with their old posts and likes.

This add-on provides a list, in the Admin Control Panel, of all users that have created posts and then had their user accounts deleted.

Clicking on a user's name instantly restores that user and links that user back to their posts and likes, allowing you to re-enter their permanently deleted profile information (email address, password, etc.).

Deleted trophy points will also be re-added the next time the trophy cron runs.

Read more about this resource...

Hello
After migration to XF some users lost their account and those accounts transformed to guest users. with help of this add-on is it possible to assign those post to new accounts?

Hello
After migration to XF some users lost their account and those accounts transformed to guest users. with help of this add-on is it possible to assign those post to new accounts?

Yep, that should work, depending on the software you're migrating from it may put _guest at the end of the username, but that's just a matter of changing the username. You'll still need to know their email and other details to undelete the user

Yep, that should work, depending on the software you're migrating from it may put _guest at the end of the username, but that's just a matter of changing the username. You'll still need to know their email and other details to undelete the user
I've migrated from Vb4, I know them and I can ask them.

Thanks for your information

Trying to remember if I bought this..in which I lost the download to if so. I wish xenforo has a purchase history option.

@Jake B. I deleted a user almost 3 months ago, after changing their username etc.
is it possible to use this to then restore the said account?
What credentials do I need if any to restore?
Additionally I saw you mentioning email addresses, are these left anywhere in the database after a member is removed?
Thank you

It creates the user based on the username stored on the content,i don't think the email is stored anywhere, at least not in default xenforo

It creates the user based on the username stored on the content,i don't think the email is stored anywhere, at least not in default xenforo
Okay so if the username is changed, then the account deleted, recovery using this would be slim?
However from say today onwards, keeping names as they are and removal etc, this would help should recovery be required?

Okay so if the username is changed, then the account deleted, recovery using this would be slim?

You'd still be able to undelete the user with this add-on, it'd just have that changed username. Just to be clear, this add-on isn't necessarily meant to completely recover the account. The email, password, any personal details and any permanently deleted posts will no longer exist. It will just recreate the account with the same username that is on all of the posts.

You'd still be able to undelete the user with this add-on, it'd just have that changed username. Just to be clear, this add-on isn't necessarily meant to completely recover the account. The email, password, any personal details and any permanently deleted posts will no longer exist. It will just recreate the account with the same username that is on all of the posts.
That's fine, so it recovers the original account with some info missing, or recreates? as in duplicates?
I will PM you as I am needing to recover something specific.

Top Bottom