[TH] Un-link Resource Authors [Deleted]

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Un-link Resource Authors by Waindigo - Allows your members to post anonymous resources.

This add-on adds a permission to allow your members to enter an alternate un-linked author name when adding resources.

Specification:
  • add a 'un-linked author' text box to the resource form,
  • replace all links to author with new un-linked author name in plain text,
  • adds new permission to manage this functionality,...

Read more about this resource...

I am not sure I understand this modification. I am curious however as I am always looking for new resource related modifications.

Does this just add a new box for "co-authers" names? Does this allow for the co-author to make any updates or changes to the resource? Am I way off? haha :whistle:

The jist is: if you run a site where members provide you (the admin/site) with resources to post on their behalf then this will allow that. You can add a different username, not linked to a profile hence 'un-link resource author'. I'm sure there will be other uses as well ;)

Thank you so much Waindigo. @ggace this can be useful if your running a meta data through the resource manager or where you can add resources while giving credit to the appropriate person without taking up their user name. So it won't conflict if they register later on but you had permission earlier to post the resource.

Thank you so much Waindigo. @ggace this can be useful if your running a meta data through the resource manager or where you can add resources while giving credit to the appropriate person without taking up their user name. So it won't conflict if they register later on but you had permission earlier to post the resource.

So if I understand this correctly. This allows one to specify a (preset?) username when posting a resource. Which then would make the resource appear as the specified person posted it and not yourself? Meaning I could post a resource and say Bob is the author. Even though Bob isn't an official username on the forum?

If I understand correctly...couldn't this also be used to allow people to post resources anonymously?

Also, can the author be changed to a real user at some point later if the resource is linked to a non-existing author already?

So if I understand this correctly. This allows one to specify a (preset?) username when posting a resource. Which then would make the resource appear as the specified person posted it and not yourself? Meaning I could post a resource and say Bob is the author. Even though Bob isn't an official username on the forum?

If I understand correctly...couldn't this also be used to allow people to post resources anonymously?

Also, can the author be changed to a real user at some point later if the resource is linked to a non-existing author already?
(No), Yes, Yes, Yes - just enter the author name 'Anonymous', and you can revert back to the original posting member by removing the un-linked author field.

@Waindigo Hey, I think i found two more bugs when you aren't using the unlink mod and try to delete or resource you get the Mysqli statement execute error : BIGINT UNSIGNED value is out of range -1 resource count. That user only has one resource added. The other is when you delete the unlinked author line it saves but the changes don't stick. Just a heads up.

Does this work in 1.4? I can till reassign a resource but cannot seem to unlink it from a member using plain text as this resource intends to do...

Top Bottom