[TH] Two Step Authentication Essentials [Deleted]

Is it possible to remove branding for a single item?

Due to the number of users that have asked for this, we've decided to remove branding from this add-on. I'll have an updated version released in a few minutes without branding :)

Thank you
And for being so cool about branding, I didn't use your coupon code and paid full price :)

Ok, so maybe my Yubikey(s) are older and don't support it. Can't get past the "Activate U2F Device: Please activate your U2F device to register it" notice. Must need a newer neo

If you PM me a link to your site I'll give it a try with mine and we can go from there :)

Let us know if you have any suggestions or issues :)

Suggestion: allow us to register more than 1 yubikey. I have a few and depending on where I am when I forget my main device, it's nice to be able to grab the backup on my keychain or safe. I'd like to register 3 or 4 yubikeys. This would probably also be a request for FIDO U2F devices

Question: you mention the possibility of SMS support. What's the timeframe on implementing this?

Thanks

Suggestion: allow us to register more than 1 yubikey. I have a few and depending on where I am when I forget my main device, it's nice to be able to grab the backup on my keychain or safe. I'd like to register 3 or 4 yubikeys. This would probably also be a request for FIDO U2F devices

I'll look into it, not sure if it's possible though with the way XF's 2fa system is built. We'll definitely see if this can be done though :)

Question: you mention the possibility of SMS support. What's the timeframe on implementing this?

No definite timeline currently, just whenever we have time to work on it

Any tips on setting up the Twilio account for SMS? They have a ton of option and I'm not sure what I'd need.

Any tips on setting up the Twilio account for SMS? They have a ton of option and I'm not sure what I'd need.

When you login to twilio there is a dropdown on the top left that says "Products", click that and choose "Programmable SMS". Then click "Dashboard" in the secondary navigation and "Show API Credentials".

This will give you the Account SID and Auth Token that you need to enter in your options. You'll also need to enter the number you want to use. You can find your numbers under the "Phone Numbers" section, any of them on that list will work :)

All set up and working. :)
I assume you've built the SMS codes to be good for 5 minutes, correct?

Last edited:
For anyone wondering about SMS with Twilio:

You can use the service under a free trial (up to some threshold that I couldn't quite figure out) but it adds 'Sent from your Twilio trial account' to the SMS. Your phone number (the number that sends the SMS) will also expire if unused for 30 days. I upgraded my account which secures your number and makes the SMS message branding free.

Upgraded SMS accounts require you to fund your account with at least $20. Twilio deducts $1 per month to lease your number and then $0.0075 per SMS message sent.

For convenience, I set my account to auto fund when it reaches $10 which adds another $10 to maintain a $20 balance.

Here's what the branded vs branding free SMS messages look like:

twilio.webp

Last edited:
FIDO U2F via Yubikey Security Key worked great too.
This addon is 100% functional as described :)

I'm glad everything is working :) Let us know if you have any other suggestions, will be looking into supporting multiple security keys ASAP

Top Bottom