[TH] Two Step Authentication Essentials [Deleted]

ThemeHouse

ThemeHouse submitted a new resource:

[TH] Two Step Authentication Essentials - Enhance your board's security with more two step authentication methods.

This add-on currently adds the following features:
  • YubiKey OTP Support (Supports every YubiKey produced to date)
Greatly enhances user security by allowing support for YubiKey two step authentication. Google's two step authentication generates a 6 character code of only integers (1,000,000 possible codes). YubiKey generates a 44 character key containing a 12...

Read more about this resource...

Just curious if anybody that showed interest in this add-on would be interested in a feature that would allow a user to use one of the two step verification options (YubiKey, U2F, or Google Auth) as a single step verification (ie they don't have to enter their password). This of course would be optional, and it could be disabled globally or even set as a permission.

We're also open to suggestions for additional 2 factor authentication systems to be included in the add-on

cc: @Alfa1 @HWS @Shiro @melbo

Jake

I wouldn't use it since it defeats my need for 2FA. (Something you know and something you have)

BTW, I do plan on purchasing this addon shortly :)

Would buy this if a pin option was added. Like PayPal and others offer, using a pin instead of a long password if logging in via the mobile device you verified your account with.

Reactions: HWS
I wouldn't use it since it defeats my need for 2FA. (Something you know and something you have)

By definition it wouldn't be 2FA anymore, it'd be single factor, but still more secure than a password. Just removes a step. Still would be optional (could have it off for the whole board, and a user would have to enable this feature for themselves as well)

Would buy this if a pin option was added. Like PayPal and others offer, using a pin instead of a long password if logging in via the mobile device you verified your account with.

Screenshots of what you're talking about specifically? I don't use the mobile app for PayPal, and I don't recall ever seeing something like this. Does this PIN replace the password when logging in on mobile?

By definition it wouldn't be 2FA anymore, it'd be single factor, but still more secure than a password. Just removes a step. Still would be optional (could have it off for the whole board, and a user would have to enable this feature for themselves as well)
Yes. Certainly more secure than a password.

Paypal allows you to substitute your password with a 4 digit pin for mobile access (I actually think they allowed this prior to their 2FA implementation too). I use KeepassX on desktop which syncs to a mobile password manager app so it's a simple copy paste for me to continue to use my full passwords instead of a PIN but I'm probably an edge case.

Touch ID would be pretty cool too :)

Touch ID would be pretty cool too :)

I actually already thought of this, and have looked into it and (from what I've been able to tell) there isn't a way currently to do this through a browser. If you've seen anything do let me know though :)

Oh, visible branding... How much to remove for a single TH addon?
We only have global branding removal now, it's about $20 If you have 10 TH add-ons installed there is only a single ThemeHouse copyright in the footer :)

Last edited:
It looks like $20 a month. That's $120 a year...
It applies to all add-ons and themes, about 400 or so. You can also do one time.

However this specific add-on probably shouldn't have branding as it is more a tool than a feature. We will consider removing it for this one.

Is it possible to have more than 1 option for the 'trust for 30 days' checkbox?
My thought on 2FA is that 30 days is too long and none too short - perhaps an option for 7, 15, 30 days?

Have we decided on branding? Still waiting to purchase

As it stands the branding will be staying. This may change in the future, but as of right now there are no plans to remove it. It is good to keep in mind that the Branding removal removes branding for all ThemeHouse and Audentio Design products (Add-ons and styles)

Is it possible to remove branding for a single item?

This is not possible because all of our add-ons display the same branding (If you have 10 of our add-ons installed you will see 1 copyright in the footer, not 10)

Top Bottom