[TH] Trophies [Deleted]

A nice feature to add and it's something the default system is really lacking is a progress bar, or if not that then mark ones you've already got (maybe use a different background colour) in the main list, having to open up two tabs to see what you have and what you're missing it silly IMHO.

I 100% agree with @Autonamus

A progress bar, showing the overall progress of the trophies you already won, highlighting the ones you already got would be just A-W-E-S-O-M-E. Give the sense of progression to our users is just great.

Also the option since it's easy to make possible, to display trophies in a profile tab to make people have one better way to show them and giving the users motivation to get them all! :)

Also i think @Shelley would like this add-on idea as we discussed in another thread some time ago.

Yeah I got lucky. This is what happens if you delete a category that has a trophy. :D

This is when loading the trophies admin page.
Code:
Undefined offset: 7

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Waindigo/Trophies/Extend/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Trophy.php at line 32
    Waindigo_Trophies_Extend_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Trophy->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/mysite/public_html/admin.php at line 13

One minor thing but surely annoying. With the icons, i have 50x50 images that are one nice size that does not adds any unwanted space, but the issue is that the list aligns the image to the top, and adds space to the bottom, instead of center it. With small icons it's more noticeable.

<< is old - Sometimes you remember something but you're not sure if you are really remembering it or it just seems like it should have been that way. lol

Anyway, I could swear that when you clicked on the alert message for a trophy the pop up page would align the trophy you received as the top listing. That's not happening since i installed this and added categories. It could just be faulty memory but it seems I remember it doing that before.

I think also an option to display the medals under the profile picture in a post
Well this isn't medals, it's trophies. Actually the bd medals add-on do have one extra that links trophies with medals, awarding a medal with a trophy. :P

That could lead to some giganto postbits.

I'd personally like to see trophies being displayed in the messageuserinfo. @Waindigo - excellent work and perhaps an option to display trophies in the messageuserinfo which can be disable/enabled like other messageuserinfo data via Style Properties >> Message Elements with a checkbox option.

Because the help page is pretty much out of the way in 1.2 the option would be a nice feature and a welcomed one (I could see myself creating some small icons) and making use of this add-on if the option to display in messageuserinfo happened. :)

Edit: yeah I can see your argument after thinking about it CM :p perhaps an additional option to display last x amount of trophies recieved.

I'd personally like to see trophies being displayed in the messageuserinfo. @Waindigo - excellent work and perhaps an option to display trophies in the messageuserinfo which can be disable/enabled like other messageuserinfo data via Style Properties >> Message Elements with a checkbox option.

Because the help page is pretty much out of the way in 1.2 the option would be a nice feature and a welcomed one (I could see myself creating some small icons) and making use of this add-on if the option to display in messageuserinfo happened. :)

Edit: yeah I can see your argument after thinking about it CM :p perhaps an additional option to display last x amount of trophies recieved.

I ment trophies X_X
So basically transform this add-on into the bd/medals only with trophies. It would nice for better reward users. But sadly, i see giving too much highlight to the trophies to be something that will motive spam/flood only to get the trophies destroying a bit how constructive the forum community can be.

If it already happens and the trophies are a pretty hidden system (also to get titles), that's why many big forums changed to don't award like trophies due like spam and disabled the post in count around several forums to avoid flood. All this suggestions are awesome, but at least in the communities i got to be staff / participate, i know when the communities are big, people try to use this things in a try to gain "popularity", i don't know if you already saw it happening but i guarantee you it's hard to deal with it once it starts because it spreads, it ends up in some mad competition between users that is not constructive to the forum. :(

Last edited:
So basically transform this add-on into the bd/medals only with trophies. It would nice for better reward users. But sadly, i see giving too much highlight to the trophies to be something that will motive spam/flood only to get the trophies destroying a bit how constructive the forum community can be.

If it already happens and the trophies are a pretty hidden system (also to get titles), that's why many big forums changed to don't award like trophies due like spam and disabled the post in count around several forums to avoid flood. All this suggestions are awesome, but at least in the communities i got to be staff / participate, i know when the communities are big, people try to use this things in a try to gain "popularity", i don't know if you already saw it happening but i guarantee you it's hard to deal with it once it starts because it spreads, it ends up in some mad competition between users that is not constructive to the forum. :(
i really dont mind if people spam to get them on my community. I have mods to ban or suspend :P

i really dont mind if people spam to get them on my community. I have mods to ban or suspend :p
It's hard to deal with this kind of stuff. We all like our communities to be active, but when we set too much prizes for activity, we end up not having constructive content at all.
In the community with +10k members i got to be admin, we end up with multiple accounts for people liking like mad the main account content to get trophies, one thing very hard to detect because Xenforo does not detects multiple accounts. o_O

It's hard to deal with this kind of stuff. We all like our communities to be active, but when we set too much prizes for activity, we end up not having constructive content at all.
In the community with +10k members i got to be admin, we end up with multiple accounts for people liking like mad the main account content to get trophies, one thing very hard to detect because Xenforo does not detects multiple accounts. o_O
I know this is going off topic so this is the last post about this subject. If you want to talk more you can message me on the forums. I use most of the settings in Stop Forum Spam with a few things like DNSBL and Akismet.

Is it possible to add trophy icons to this area? See the example:

cun1.png

Top Bottom