[TH] Trending [Deleted]

I'm encountering several issues with this product.

1. The default configuration that comes with the product has a couple issues. The URL is misspelled as you can see in the attachment below. Also, the URL does not match the configuration ID like with configurations you create manually.

2. I can't save the display order of any configuration 🚁

I'm encountering several issues with this product.

1. The default configuration that comes with the product has a couple issues. The URL is misspelled as you can see in the attachment below. Also, the URL does not match the configuration ID like with configurations you create manually.

View attachment 196551

View attachment 196552

Oh wow, thanks for the report! I'll get these added to the issue tracker so that they are fixed in the next few updates.

Hi guys. I'm happy with buying this add-on. The only issue I encountered is not being able to save the display order.

But I have a question for @Dalton Prock or anyone able to answer it. Currently when I set up the navigation and you click the nav item. The "nav selected" background of the nav item when it's selected does not show. I was hoping you guys could point me to a way to fix this. Unlike "what's new" or "home", or "members" nav links it does not show the background of the selected nav item. If there's a way anyone can help me fix it thanks for letting me know.

Regards,

Brad

Also wanted to add I think this add-on should support likes (or reactions in 2.1). So far I'm satisfied with my purchase aside from some minor issues I hope you can help me resolve like the nav link issue in my post above but I wanted to add in that you shouldn't make likes/reactions a pro only feature since it's apart of the core. I hope you will consider my request. Either way as it's not expected you will, great work!

I will wait on you to tell me how to fix the nav link selection background. The nav selection also stays on "home" making it very confusing. I have mine as a main navigation item.

I fixed my navigation issue. For anyone interested go to the template thtrending_trending_view and add this anywhere in the template:

HTML:
  <xf:page option="section" value="thtrending" />

This is assuming your nav ID for the navigation item trending is "thtrending". If your nav ID for the navigation item is something else you will need to replace "thtrending" with the appropriate ID.

What this does is automatically allow for the link to be selected when you click on it (if you have it as a main navigation item). Also keeps it selected when you click on different areas of the trending page. This method can also be used on other pages where you want the nav item selected. Simply replace the value="thtrending" with the nav ID of your navigation item and place it in the template where the page is on. This comes in handy for what's-new too so other items when clicked will keep the nav bar on what's new (you'd need to edit whats_new_posts and whats_new_profile posts if you have that setup) or any other pages you may want this to be for.

Anyways I don't mean to over post just wanted to share my find with anyone interested. [TH] Trending user or not. And I'm very happy with my purchase thank you. I was able to find out that the items that can't be sorted by number can still be sorted by the physical sorter. I know you guys will push an update anyway. Thanks

Some significant bugs were posted over a month ago. Just a friendly reminder 🛴

Last edited:

View attachment 196551

View attachment 196552
The URL you posted follows the XF Schema of <name>.<id>, or in other words: The typo is in the name you gave the configuration.

You can work around this by creating your configurations in the order you want them to appear.

The URL you posted follows the XF Schema of <name>.<id>, or in other words: The typo is in the name you gave the configuration.
Please review the screenshots carefully. Both the original and the new ones I'm posting today.

share1.webp

share3.webp

Point is, that it's not our code that controls this. It's standard XF components. If it was off because of our code, it'd be off on both, ACP and frontend.

You got any route filters set up that affect this? Something along the lines thread -> topic.

You got any route filters set up that affect this? Something along the lines thread -> topic.
As a matter of fact I do. Something left over from XF1 that I didn't clean up 😵
Well that's resolved. I apologize and thank you for your patience.

Will the configuration display order be fixed in a future update? The proposed workaround should be okay temporarily.

Will the configuration display order be fixed in a future update? The proposed workaround should be okay temporarily.

Yeah. We're currently working hard to get the patches of our newest products out of the door (mostly big ones for XPress and XWiki), which is nearly done, then we'll do another iteration of patches over the product line and fix what is left open.

Could you add an option to exclude X forum ID from the list?

The problem with selecting the forums we want to include, instead of selecting those we don't want to include, is that as soon as we add a new one, we have to manually add that one to the list, which we always tend to forget :)

Could you add an option to exclude X forum ID from the list?

The problem with selecting the forums we want to include, instead of selecting those we don't want to include, is that as soon as we add a new one, we have to manually add that one to the list, which we always tend to forget :)
Understandable, went ahead and added it to our issue tracker.

Top Bottom